Chapter 15: A Nuisance

So since I don't have WiFi I pay for data from one  of the phone networks.

However since I'm not working and my bank account is basically dry.. I don't really have a lot of cash to spare.

So my grandmother owns a clothing store, I don't remember if I told you about it but I think I did.

Anyhoo I stay there sometimes and no... I don't get paid.

She also takes care of this old lady so she has another source of income.

My grandmother constantly buys data and each time its about to expire I renew it for her allowing the megabytes from the previous day to roll over.

Since she doesn't use them a lot seeing she's only on WhatsApp and Facebook.. Yeah she's on Facebook.

She has a lot seeing as its rolled over and over.

Right now she has a thousand and something megabytes.

I don't like asking her for stuff but I've been disconnected since I don't have any data and I'm broke so I can't really spend money to buy data and stuff like that when they're  other necessities that I need.

So I don't know if you know that settings on your phone called WiFi hotspot? It enables you to get internet from a person who their data is turned on and so is your WiFi seeing as the code is entered from the other person's phone.

So recently she has become a little antsy when it come to me using her hotspot, I mean its not like she uses the megabytes?.

She's not around me in the day as she goes to work then so she's only available in the night, honestly I have no problem with that the less contact the better when it comes to me... I'm a burden.

I've actually been called that before.

I didn't believe it at first but over the past few months I've accepted it.

So she's been dropping comments like her battery is dying and stuff at one point I didn't really mind it but now its like this all the time which is why I've actually stopped asking her to turn it on for me.

Instead I make sure the coast is clear and the phone is in reach I turn it on without her permission.

So now I guess she's been noticing since she starts keeping her phone in her back pocket.

One night I asked her if she could.

She obliged but later on in the night she told me to turn it of because her battery is dying.

Chargers have no use now? Is  that what she's telling me?.

Of course I didn't say that I told my friends bye and turned it off.

Over the past few days I've stopped asking because I can tell she doesn't want me to use it.

I don't really have alotta friends, I used to... I think but they are all busy with their personal lives.

But I do have a few where I'm not close to them in person but I know they'll always be there for me.

I don't talk to people in my neighborhood unless I have to. They're all negative and they are not shy to show you.

I'm surrounded by negativity.

I know this. Which is why I use my earphones as my escape. I've never gone on the road without my earphones.

I can't.

I've heard people say I act like I'm better than people.

But that's far from it.

I just don't feel the need to talk to someone if :

1- I don't have to.
2-I don't have to
3- I don't have to

Why am I going to deal in conversations that get me nowhere?.

They're pointless.

Having friends that I have to keep checking my back to see if I'm going to get stabbed.

I don't talk to people yeah yeah I know.

But why have a truckload of friends who don't contribute to your development and vice versa?.

Why do I always stray from the point...

So recently my grandmother and I visited her friend.

They started talking in my presence and I wasn't paying any mind until I heard my name.

"Tor always uses my hotspot"

"Every time she's always on it, and my battery always runs down"

"I'm not going on your hotspot tonight you turned it off on me" I said coldly.

To which she jumped-not literally but you know what I mean, or not.. Okayyy.

"Me?" She said pointing to her chest.

"I turned off hotspot? I don't even know how to turn it off" I had to use my hand to keep my lip from falling.

She knew what I meant. But of course she always feigns unawareness to seem nice to the outside world.

I know if it wouldn't appear terrible to the outside world she'd probably kick me out on my head but because it would seem horrible if she did it seeing as I've been living with her for a long while.

But one day I tell you...one day.

I didn't go on her precious data for a while until I needed to urgently check my email.

So I asked her and she handed me the phone to turn it on.

As I was on it I heard her later on in the night say that I should turn it off because her phone is dying.

She handed me the phone as she said the words.

I took it but as I was telling my friends what had transpired and that I won't be able to message anymore I hear her say-.

"Haven't you turned it off yet?".

"Thought gritted teeth I told her I was telling my friends bye.

I just turned it off and handed her back her phone.

I know you aren't supposed to swear but...

I swear I'm not using her hotspot ever again. I don't know how or when I'm going to be connected to the internet again but I'll figure it out.

My tree of shame has officially broken down, withered to a puny root and it wont be watered again.

I WON'T USE IT BACK.

I'm tired of being a constant nuisance to people... I bet they are tired too....

__///////_____//////______//////\\\\______//////\\\\_______///////\\\\____

Sometimes its best to leave some things unsaid.
That way everyone wins...