10| Peter Maximoff - Regeneration

"Can you do one with Peter where the reader is a female mutant who has had multiple lives because of her power of regeneration. However, the only way to regenerate is if she dies, so I want an imagine where Peter finds out that the reader has died multiple times and basically freaks out that the reader has experienced death before. This doesn't have to have a happy ending, this could always just play out the way that Peter was fearing, and she could die saving him or something emotional"

---

"Pete! Calm down! Everything is going to be okay." You said, trying to reassure your boyfriend. It was your first ever mission and Peter was worried sick about something happening to you. "I'm not even going to fight."

Peter's dark eyes were locked with yours, fear clearly visible. You had never seen him so worried before.

"I don't want you to go, it's dangerous." He mumbled, his eyes moving back and forth every features of your face.

He seemed overly tense and wanting to run wild. You gave him a warm smile before kissing him softly on the mouth to appease him and in an attempt to make him smile, you joked:

"Death is not always painful anyway."

You realized it was a mistake when he frowned at you, taking a step back:

"What do you mean?"

The look of dread on his face made you hesitate. You had never told him about it before because you knew he would freak out. Still, he was your boyfriend for more than a month and you thought he deserved to know.

"You know I can regenerate myself but what I never told you is that for it to work I-" You stopped to look for words but nothing better came to you so hesitantly, you added. "I have to die."

A second passed before Peter repeated weakly.

"Die?"

His eyes, wide open, and his mouth slightly opened, he seemed about to have a heart attack. "How many times did you die before?" He finally managed to ask, incredulous.

"Quite a few times to be honest. I wanted to see the limits of my power."

You bit your bottom lip before you could say more. Peter was looking shocked and terrified. You tried to reassure him: "I always came back though."

It did not work at all.

"And what if next time you don't? Maybe there's a limit? Maybe you can't survive everything? Death (Y/N)!" Peter almost shouted.

Then, he started to pace around the room, mumbling. Trying to get his attention back, you called his name. In a silver blur, he stopped in front of you, making your hair fly in your face.

"Did it hurt?"

His voice was barely audible over the sound of him taking you to sit on the sofa. He sat you on it the most delicately he could, as if he was afraid of hurting you. Sitting next to you, he stared intently into your eyes.

You looked at him too. He was so concerned you did not want to worry him more. You lied.

"No."

It was not totally a lie. Many of your deaths had been quick and painless, other not so much. Still, your answer came too late and you saw Peter's eyes grow wide at your hesitation. Fiddling with your fingers nervously, you offered:

"If it can reassure you, I won't come today. The time for you to process it."

It was a simple mission; the others could do without you. The Professor would understand.