11| Erik Lehnsherr - Past Mistakes

"the reader could be logan's daughter who reminds erik that he tried to kill her father before he met her"

---

He did not want to tell you. He had been dating you for more than a month and as hard as he had tried to keep it slow, he could feel his feelings for you grow more and more with each passing day. Just seeing you lying next to him in the morning was enough to make him forget about everything else. But as he found your ID card a few days ago, a memory had established itself in the back of his mind and it was becoming harder to pretend everything was fine.

When he had picked up your ID from where you had lost it, he had at first laughed at the adorable picture of you before his eyes were drawn to your last name. He had never thought about asking it and when his eyes had read Howlett, he had felt his blood run cold. He had not stop thinking about it ever since. It could be a coincidence. It was probably a coincidence. But sometimes he wondered if you knew. And if you did not know, how would you react to it?

Opening his eyes, Erik sat on the edge of the bed, his feet pressing on the floor for support. Hiding his face in his hands, he could not help but think about you leaving him. He did not know how he would react to that. Your tired voice made him raised his head and as he turned around, he saw you yawn and stretch before dropping your head back on your pillow. He smiled at this sight. You were not a morning person at all.

"Good morning." He said not too loudly. His eyes studying your sleepy face before turning around to look out of the window: he could not lose you.

His mind, clouded with dark thoughts, he did not move when you started talking to him.

Frowning, you sat up and moved toward him. You wrapped your arms around his neck and laid a soft kiss on his cheek, your chest pressing against his back.

Erik smiled. Raising his hand to caress your arms, he turned his head toward you to press a tender kiss on your lips before you went burying your head in his neck.

Erik tried to enjoy the moment. He loved those peaceful instant with you but ever since he knew, he could not enjoy those entirely.

"(Y/N), I need to tell you something."

The words came out of his mouth before he even thought about doing it, making his heart beat faster in his chest. Your cheerful voice did not ease his fear when you answered:

"Go ahead."

You had no idea.

Erik frowned before turning around making you let go of him. You sat beside him and locked eyes with him. Erik was anxious. His blue eyes studied your features for a second; afraid he might never see you looking so peaceful and happy again.

"You're starting to creep me out." You whispered as he took your hand in his.

Erik frowned slightly before asking: "Is your father a mutant? One with claws?"

He did not know why he had asked that. He already knew the answer. Still, he wanted to be sure. Maybe he had been all wrong. Maybe he did not need to tell you any of this.

"Yeah." You stuttered, surprise. "How do you know?" You were totally confused; you had never told him about your father. He was not exactly the father of the year.

"I figured when I saw your last name on your ID a few days ago."

You nodded. Why was he bringing this up?

"How did you meet my father?"

Erik tensed at your question. His gaze lowered on your joined hands before meeting your eyes again. It was time.

"I tried to kill him once. A long time ago." He felt compelled to add.

He prepared himself to see you flinch, to see you jumped away from him, maybe slap him but instead you laughed. Erik frowned, confused by your reaction.

"You're not the first one and definitively not the last one to have tried to kill my father." You said, grinning. "Anyway, obviously you failed so no need to worry about it." You added, seeing the confusion on his face and finally understanding his behavior.

Erik was at short of words. He never had thought you would react like that. He felt relieved too.

"I should have told you sooner."

You shrugged. "Does it really matter? We can't dwell on the past."

You gave him a heartwarming smile and he smiled back. As you pulled him to you to kiss him he could not help but wonder about how he had managed to get such a wonderful woman to love him.