Chapter One : Old Enemies And New Friends

Aradhaya Kumar

Aradhaya Kumar.

I was in my dreamland, the only place where I find some peace.
Suddenly I heard a very disturbing buzzing sound or I'd rather say it was the stupid alarm which was ringing to disturb my beauty sleep.
Ah. This shitty reality is never satisfied. It's behind my life. It seriously wants to take away all my peace. It's not even allowing me to sleep peacefully. Damn!

"Someone throw that stupid alarm away or else I swear I won't hesitate to break all the alarms in this big mansion!" I shouted on top of my voice and ended up covering my ears with two pillows. After two minutes the stupid sound of the alarm stopped and just when I was going back to my dreamland my phone started ringing. Jeez! It's time for me to get up. I slowly opened my eyes to find some maids holding my toothbrush, slippers and a fashion magazine. I looked at them with cold eyes and lifted my phone. It was Ameliya Krishnan, my personal assistant. She informed me about my schedule.

I slowly rubbed my eyes and went to the washroom with my toothbrush but not before warning my maids. "Tomorrow if I find any alarm clock buzzing around I wouldn't hesitate to fire all you maids! Understand?" I said or I'd rather say I warned them in a cold dangerous voice which made them shiver in fear. "Understood?" I shouted at them as I was frustrated with their carelessness. They nodded and left my room. I am pretty sure they would be hurt with my behaviour and I loved it! It was actually a good start to be honest. If they'd die also I don't give a damn. Thinking all about my behaviour and feeling glad I finally got ready to leave for my office which was like my own house to me.

It is my art room where I design different outfits for rich devils who just pretend to be satisfied and helpful but in real they are disgusting and greedy

It is my art room where I design different outfits for rich devils who just pretend to be satisfied and helpful but in real they are disgusting and greedy. I hate fake people. I went down to see those whom I despise the most. My own mom and dad. Damn, I hate them, my old enemies. "Good morning!" It was my younger sister, Mayira. She's like a sunflower in this ground of weeds. My baby sister is the only one whom I love the most.

"Good morning doll." I greeted her back coming out of my thoughts.
"You're getting late, Aradhaya." This time it was the father of my sister. I hate calling him Dad. "I know Mr. Kumar. And if you really want me to leave just say it on my face." I replied with disgust and hatred in my eyes. "Shut up Aradhaya! You-" And now Mrs. Kumar is taking part in this drama. But unfortunately she couldn't complete her sentence as I cut her off.

"Mrs. Kumar! I'm in no mood listen to your so-called speech on giving respect to elders. And for your kind information it's your husband who started. So you better tell him to shut up or you have to face the consequences." I replied in a dangerous voice with hatred in my eyes.
Mr. Kumar's face was devoid of any emotion. Mayira sighed and left to her room with a disappointed face. I heard some gossips of my maids. It's a daily drama in my home. Me arguing with the biggest devils of my life and making a hot topic to gossip about for my maids. I couldn't bare anything more so I left without uttering a word. Too much!

As I reached my office I stepped in. It was a ten storeyed building. I had my cabin in the seventh floor. As I stepped in my art room, all my employs and designers started wishing me good morning to which I never replied. I again heard some whispers and gossips of girls gossiping about my arrogant behaviour. Well, I take that as a compliment!

I entered my cabin and saw Ameliya waiting for me. She informed me about that the principal of a top fashion designing college was waiting for me in the second floor. They've come here for begging me to give a speech to their students which will inspire them. We headed towards them. As we reached the second floor, a girl was running to catch the lift but dashed me bymistakely. My day couldn't get any better! I held her arm and before I can pull her she came and stood in front of me. I was observing her features. While I was doing so she started to apologise.

"I'm really sorry

"I'm really sorry. I was in hurry to catch the lift. I am really sorry uh, miss?" She didn't know who I was? I'm impressed with this girl. She's the first one who didn't know who I was and started apologising. She's something, man! "Oh my god! You don't know her? Like seriously you don't know her?" Ameliya questioned with a shocked expression. The girl in front of me nodded negatively. "Damn girl! She's Aradhaya Kumar, one of the best fashion designers of this country!" Ameliya said.

"Oh. I didn't know that. I'm sorry. Yeah I've heard about you from my maids." "Oh-" Ameliya was above to say something but I cut her off.
"What did you hear about me?" I asked with an irritated expression.
"Umm. They were speaking that you're the girl who's the most arrogant and rude human ever. You're the girl who's desired by every man." She said doubtfully. Why was she doubtful about? Oh may be she thought I'd harm her as she said the most arrogant and rude human. "Hmm great! Well we're in a hurry so please excuse us." I said.

She was shocked when she heard 'great' but soon smiled and forwarded her hand. "Hi! I'm Pragya Reddy. I'd really love to be your friend." She said. New friend, I see. I shook hands with her.
"Why do you want to be my friend?" I questioned her. Her answer was totally unexpected.

"Umm, because I really love your character and attitude. Even after knowing what poeple comment on you, you've stayed cool and never changed because of society. So I really want to be your friend and from today you're my role model." She answered. Damn! I'm falling in love with her. Not in that way! C'mon, I'm very straight. "Don't worry Aradhaya. I don't want to be your friend because of your popularity or money. I truly want to be your friend and help you in tough times like normal best friends." She literally guessed what I was thinking about.

I just nodded positively, excused myself and went away to meet the principal while Ameliya was busy talking with Pragya. I guess they both are having fun time. I wish I can be with them.

Well, well, I was asking too much from life.