Chapter Sixteen : Realisation And Future Plans

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

She walked away. After the disastrous fight, I just sat there with her photograph in my hand. I looked at her for once and put it back in the box. Soon I realised I was crying. What's wrong with me?  I over reacted. I just did. But what Aradhaya did wasn't easily forgivable. She spied on me. If she was so curious about my past, why didn't she ask me about it? Stupid female.

"Brother?" Pragya came running and sat in front of me. "What?" I shouted angrily. Calm down Dev. "Wh-what happened to Aradhaya? Why was she crying?" She asked. "We fought." I said in a blank tone to which she nodded understanding and got up to leave. "Don't you want to know why?" I questioned out of curiosity. "Brother, it's a wife-husband matter and a third person should probably not get involved." She said and walked near the door disappointing me.

Though what she said was correct, I wanted her to ask me about the fight. I wanted to share my views. "But I'm your sister. I know you well. You probably need someone to share what you feel. So I'm always here. I'll wait outside. Clean yourself and come back fast. We will talk." Pragya said out of the blue moon. It was like she read my mind. I love her. She walked out and I got up, changed my clothes and after washing my face, I walked out to see her waiting for me.

"I'm listening." She said looking out through the window showing me her back. I explained her everything from the start. The date, the blunder at her parents' house, avoiding her, her confession and our fight. "Pragya, if she wanted to know about me why didn't she ask me? What was the need for her to spy?" I questioned and walked near her.
"I hate you." This was all she said. "Wh-what?" I asked confused while a tear escaped.

"What the hell have you done bro? Do you think I've suggested Aradhaya's name to Grandmom as your bride without any reason? Huh? Aradhaya is Mayira, my best friend's sister. Aradhaya is not like all your flings who are curious and greedy. She's something much more than we see." She said confusing me. "What do you mean? Aradhaya didn't spy on me?" I questioned.

"Yes. What's the need for her to spy on you? What's the need for her to know your past? You've just noticed her taking out the photograph and reading it. Maybe what she said is correct. She was bored as hell so she decided to clean up." She said and that's when my brain started thinking. Pragya was absolutely correct. In my anger, I've behaved so rudely with her.

"What did you say? That she doesn't respect her parents? Did you ever even think that her parents deserved respect or no? Nah you didn't. About first love, she knows better than you about love, heart breaks and pain." Pragya mocked me whereas I choose to stay silent. "You've judged her without knowing what she is. You didn't even know she's a fashion designer and you were judging and hurting her all the while when she just started liking you? I hate you!" She shouted angrily.
"I-i am sorry." I said as I fell on my knees. Pragya too sat down and hugged me while I just weeped realising my mistake.