Chapter Fourteen : Last Date

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

It was a week after that disastrous accident, according to my Mom. I don't know why these parents are just too concerned about everything and whenever I ask her this question as she says is that you'll understand when you'll become a parent yourself. Like wow. Seriously, I've just got some stitches on my forehead and cuts on my legs. For this small accident my Mom reacted as if I've been jailed for committing some crime.

I was in my cabin checking the new presentation. Work. I just love working. It helps me to divert my mind from all other stress. My phone started beeping when I was about to close my laptop. "Hey man! Come home fast. Everyone's waiting." It was a message from Rahul. Now what's waiting for me? Damn. I walked out after informing my PA about all the work. I reached home after an hour and stepped inside.

"Hey! What's going on?" I asked awkwardly as I saw everyone had a serious look but their eyes were saying a different story. Mischief. This was all I could think when I saw a glint in their eyes. Though my mind was in thoughts of my family, my heart was asking for her and my eyes started searching for her already. Where is she?  "Hey! So sorry I'm late. I was actually stuck with some work." Her sweet voice came. Ah, how much I missed her, wait-what? Whatever.

"Ah, no you aren't late. We were waiting for you actually." Grandmom said. She never talked to me this sweetly!  "For me? May I ask you why?" She said in a serious tone. "Actually we planned to send you and Dev brother on honeymoon this week but due to your work and Dev brother's accident we cancelled it. So we want you and brother to go out somewhere and spend one day without any work or stress." Pragya answered. Oh what? Spending one day with this demon? Half of me is irritated and half of me is happy. Happy? But why? God knows why.

"Umm-if you guys want this then ma-maybe I'm okay. But please do ask Dev." Aradhaya said awkwardly and walked aside to make a call. "Ofcourse. Pragya you go and make arrangements for Aradhaya's outfit. It's her first date and I want her to be happy. Rahul, please help Dev with his attire." Mom said. "Wait, I still didn't say yes!" I said shocked.  "Oh enough! You've to do like we say. Do you think you've got an other option? If so, then Mr. Dev Oberoi you don't have any choice." Mom declared and walked away with Dad following her slightly chuckling. Seriously? Now this Dev doesn't even have a choice. Tomorrow she'll say who's Dev? He doesn't even exist!

I walked to my room avoiding the giggles and whispers of Pragya and Rahul. I entered my room to see the angel-ugh not again. She's a demon. She was busy texting on her phone so to grab her attention I banged on the side table and sat on the bed with a thud. She just looked up and continued her work. What the hell? "What's wrong?" She questioned. Everything is wrong in my life. "We are going on a date." I said irritated. "Do you have anything new to say?" She questioned, surprising me again. "You're acting so cool? Seriously? Literally we both have to spend one whole day together. One whole day! Do you understand?" I shouted.