Chapter Thirty : Her Past

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

What the hell? Forced? Murder? Can someone explain to me what's going on? What if I get to hear stuff which I don't want to? I wish the ground cracks open and someone pulls me in. I want to disappear.
"What happened, Dev? Thinking to give up on me, huh?" Aradhaya said smirking though her eyes had a different story. "Oh no. I'm not thinking to give up. I was just thinking about our first make out session you know!" I replied sarcastically to which she rolled her eyes. "Before I tell you everything, we need to visit a place. It's necessary." Aradhaya slowly said and I nodded. We both walked out and Aradhaya drove. I guess we're heading towards her office. But why?

-----

As it was already eight in the night, no one was there in. It was just a girl whom I assume is Aradhaya's secretary was present. We were in her cabin. "Ameliya, thanks for coming. Now you can leave. It's too late." Aradhaya said in her business tone to which Ameliya girl nodded and left. "Come." She said before taking out a key from a little a box kept on her desk and grabbing my hand. She slowly took me to a corner and I could see two doors. One was the store room and the other was god knows what. She unlocked the mysterious room and led me in.

It was all dark. Only a few lamps at different ends were the sources of light. Though it was dark, I could see all my surroundings and that's when I noticed there were different photo frames hung on the wall.
"This is my life. This room has in all my secrets and this is the place where I come for peace." She slowly said looking around while I preferred to look at her face.

I looked around again. There were different photographs. Aradhaya with her parents, Aradhaya with one more girl of her age and Aradhaya with a guy of her age. What the hell? Who was he? I cleared all my thoughts as her past was more important than my jealousy. It was stupid to act all possessive at this moment. "I'm listening." I said as I held her hand to which she looked at me and that's when I realised she had tears in her eyes.

"From the day I was born, my parents always hated me. Firstly I never knew why they did so. I thought it's because I wasn't that good all studies. So I studied well and achieved so many certificates and medals but they never appreciated me. They never even glanced at me. When I was of thirteen I came to know that it was superstition. Our family astrologer had told that because of my stars or whatsoever you call them I was bad luck to my family. That's why my Dad hated me and my Mom being a good, obedient wife she was afraid of my dad. So she too never took my side instead developed a hatred for me." She said and I couldn't believe my ears. How could they be so stupid?

"Then days became months and months became years but nothing had changed. They cursed me, scolded me and even at times abused me but all I could do was gather myself again and try to grab their attention. I did each and every thing to have their attention. But they never spared a second glance at me. Mayira was the only one who loved me. I cried at nights to sleep. I bandaged my wounds without anyone's help. The only good thing they did to me was letting me study for which I'm thankful. I still didn't know why I deserved so much hatred from them." She said and tears rolled down her eyes. I quickly hugged her tight and I could feel she was shocked by my action and rested her head on my shoulder.