Epilogue

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

These pregnancy hormones are getting on my nerves. I don't understand why everything in life is so tough. With all the work load and mood swings of Aradhaya, this yoga ain't helping me at all. But I'm still happy deep inside my heart as there's a new member coming up who's going to love me and her equally. I'm excited. I mean who wouldn't be? That was the best day when she proposed to me. I never knew I'd cry for a girl but Aradhaya ain't a girl. She's a demon and she made me cry.

That moment when she said she didn't need me, I was completely shattered. I did so much for her and all I expected was atleast look to me as a friend. But all I got was this. I cried my heart out without caring about anyone. I got up and saw all those pictures which we're of her parents, Kavya and Gaurav. I was proud that she went through all this but still was strong enough to make any one shudder but sad at the same time that she wasn't mine anymore. The irony, she was never mine. 

-----

The next morning, I woke up to the buzzing sound of my phone still in the same room but messier than I ever could be. I picked up the call lazily and listening to my friend talking. His mom had a heart attack and he called me for help. I immediately rushed out to my car and headed towards the hospital. It was already two in the morning so there wasn't any human on the road. I reached the hospital and stayed there, helping him for stuff. It was already eleven in the morning and I kinda felt sleepy. The doctors informed aunty was okay and my friend told me to get back to home. I rushed back soon as I didn't inform anyone at home.

-----

As soon as I entered, Aradhaya ran towards me and hugged me like I'm going to disappear if she'll leave me. What's up with her? "Hey?" I held her shoulders breaking the hug and saw tears in her eyes. What the beep? "Why are you crying? All okay?" I questioned cupping her face. She just hugged me again and I looked at my family members standing there with huge grins plastered. Ain't it too confusing?

"Where were you? I was so scared! If something happened to you? I hate you! Never leave me!" She hit my chest slowly and hugged me againOkay just now she said I hate you and then never leave me? What the hell? It was her who wanted to leave, right? "I'm okay, Aradhaya. Don't cry." I slowly whispered hugging her back."I love you, Dev. Never leave me, please!" She stated and again cried snuggling closed to me.What? She just said she loved me. But all of a sudden? I guess I need to give her sometime and then ask her to explain. So I slowly parted and walked in.