Chapter Twenty-Three : Her Support System

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

I was dragged by those villagers to god knows where. Then they stopped and we were under a tree. Everyone started talking and laughing while I stood there awkwardly. I was getting bored when I suddenly got an idea. I slowly walked towards her with a fake smile plastered. I pulled her by arms and all those ladies out there starred giggling. "Dev, what are you doing?" She questioned surprised. I ignored her and pulled her to a corner. I pinned her to the tree and pressed my body against hers. Now I'll also see how this little demon will escape.

"What are you doing?" She questioned putting her hands on my chest to maintain distance between our bodies. "I was bored so I thought of irritating you." I smiled sheepishly. "Move, piglet!" She whisper-yelled. "Okay then, now this piglet will kiss you and you, Mrs. Piglet will stop me." I said sarcasm dripping from my words. Saying that I bent down to match her level and was above to place my lips but-crash! My centre! Again she kicked me right there where the sun doesn't shine and I, like a dumbo stood there.

"You can't touch me! No freaking way in hell, I'll not repeat my mistake of getting intimate with you!" She said seriously and I could sense her anger and hurt. But why? Saying this, she just walked away while I tried to check if anyone saw us. To my good luck none did. I sighed in relief and slowly walked towards the guys to ask for using any washroom as now, I need a cold shower. It's a necessity.

-----

I stood here out, not knowing what else to do. It's been two hours, but still that devil hasn't come yet. The daughter of the leader of this village, or in simple words the bride's marriage preparations were going on. The marriage was in half-an hour and I'm not able to understand where Aradhaya is. I was looking hot as usual in my these casuals. I felt out of place with all the men wearing traditional dresses but it's better I don't go for those outfits as it's tough to handle them. Too tough.

I was playing with the straw of my fruit juice when I saw everyone's attention was to my right

I was playing with the straw of my fruit juice when I saw everyone's attention was to my right. What's wrong? I too tilted my head to the right and-oh my god! Is she even for real? My beautiful wife, was walking with a smile and she looked breathtakingly stunning in that traditional attire of hers.

She looked at me

She looked at me. Our eyes met and the world went to rest in hell. Her smile was replaced by an irritated look and I didn't knew why she was so damn frustrated. But all I could see was her eyes. They do magic on me! She came and stood beside me while the rituals of the marriage had started. "You look good." I slowly whispered in her ear while she just looked everywhere but me. "I know that." She spat and I just rolled my eyes. "Baby don't you have the courtesy to say thanks when someone compliments you?" "Can't you shut your mouth even for a second?" She said irritated and I just chuckled. Oh irritating her is so fun!

-----

Atlast, the wedding is over. I just hope the new couple has a good life ahead without any obstacles. It was time for dinner. Ah food, I'm coming! I stood with some youngsters and was having my ice cream when I heard an unpleasant sound. Why is the aunty shouting and that too on whom? What's wrong? I moved forward to see that aunty was shouting on my Aradhaya. The nerve of that lady.

I walked towards them and caught her hand as she was above to slap Aradhaya. "What the hell are you doing?" I shouted. "Leave me! This shameless girl was trying to impress my son with her stupid actions. These kids of cities have no manners at all." She said disgusted.

"Just shut up! Dare you say anything about my wife! Who do you think you're huh? Look at your son first. That bloody jerk himself doesn't have any manners and he accused my wife of trying to impress him! Dare you say anything about her! She is my life, love and everything! I wouldn't spare a glance before destroying you and your son for all this shit you've spoke about my wife! Mind it!" I shouted on top of my lungs and held Aradhaya's hand. I could sense that she was looking at me waiting for our eyes to meet but I couldn't look at her.

"Yes. Aradhaya isn't like that. She's different from others. I'm very happy that Dev believes in his wife and supports her. There must me some misunderstanding. Please let it go." The head of the village said and the lady with her son left towards the food counter with all others.
"Good job young man." The head said and walked away. "Are you okay?" I questioned Aradhaya cupping her face while she just nodded releasing herself from my grip. "Come, let's go. You must be tired." I said avoiding the awkwardness. She just nodded while I held her hand, and we both walked towards a cottage which was for the guests.

-----

The cottage was big enough. With one big bed and a clean bathroom, it was spacious and comfortable. "Time to sleep!" I announced jumping like a kid while Aradhaya just rolled her eyes. Demon is back. "Switch off the lights, Dev." She said and was above to lay down when I pulled her up.

"Nah, not so easily. First you've gotta kiss me! Goodnight kiss baby." I said smirking hoping to earn a passionate kiss from her. "Just shut up, Dev. Did you forget about the evening kick? If you want I'll give a goodnight kick too!" She too said smirking."Oh baby, if you keep kicking me there, then one day probably I won't be able to have kids." I said faking pain while she just rolled her eyes. I didn't miss out that she blushed when I mentioned about the kids. But, my happiness was short-lived.

"We can never have kids. Did you forget about the one year contract which we made?" She said seriously while the happiness in my eyes was replaced with hurt. "I remember. Now let me sleep." I said cheerfully not showing my pain.