Chapter Five : Dev Reddy Is The One For Miss Demon

Aradhaya Kumar

Aradhaya Kumar.

I was busy with my new sketch in my cabin. I was feeling differnent from morning. I am getting positive vibes. I feel something good is going to happen in my this wrecked life. What am I even thinking? Good and my life? Never! But what about these vibes?

A phone call from Mayira brought me back to Earth. My phone was buzzing and I glanced at my sketch which was like a painting done by a two year old kid. Weird. I picked up the phone while crumbling the paper.

"Hello? Mayira? All okay?" I asked in a concerned tone. "Yeah sister, everything's okay!" She replied. "Then why did you call me?" I asked a little irritated as I don't like anyone disturbing me when I'm sketching.
"Ah, looks like you're busy and I'm sorry to disturb you." She apologised. "Mayira spill the beans. I don't have much time for this!" I replied ignoring her apologies. Rude, Aradhaya!  "Well, I got a surprise for you at home. Come right now!" She said.

Now what new drama is this? Think positive Aradhya! Oh yeah what positive had happened in my life to still stay positive? "There?" She questioned to which I hummed. "So are you coming home or no?" She questioned again. "Ah okay let's see." I replied.

"Yeah I knew it! You call me baby doll and all but never have time for me right?" She stated. Oh poor Mayira, I don't have time for myself only what time should I spend with you girl! "Okay okay! I'm coming home! Stop it now!" I said in a bored tone. "Okay bye! I'm waiting!" She said in an excited tone to which I hung up.

I seriously hate these surprises! I think what we hate the most is what we get atlast and we have to adjust. How much ever I hate these surprises, my life always gave me different kinds of surprises which I never expected of getting. I don't know now which surprise is waiting for me at my house. Me and my wrecked life.

God alone help me!

-----

I reached home in no time and walked inside. As I entered I saw the worst people of my life with my sister waiting for me. I ordered all the servants to go out as I knew there's going to be a new drama.

"Mayira now speak up. I've to go out." I said glaring at Mr. And Mrs. Raichand. "Sister, come sit and have some water. Then let's talk." She said. "Look, I don't have time for all this shit! Speak up right now or else I'll leave!" I said with an irritated look. What is with everyone testing my patience!

"Okay, listen! We've fixed your marriage with Dev Reddy and we want you to say yes." Mr. Kumar stated as if it's nothing. I started clenching my fists. How dare he?  How dare he fixes my marriage with someone unknown! Wait- Dev Reddy? He's the one whom I hated from childhood! Why the hell is he even back in my life?

I started laughing sarcastically. "Do you really think I'll marry someone of your choice? Oh poor old man! Still day dreaming, now, aren't we? Wake up!" I shouted at the end.

"Sister, Dev's my choice. He's Pragya's brother." She said with a sad look. Mr. And Mrs. Kumar were having a look which confirmed that they were expecting all of this from me. "But Mayira, I don't like him." I explained. "Mayira I told you right? It's waste of talking to your sister. She'll never marry anyone. I'm leaving." Mr. Kumar said and walked off while Mrs. Kumar followed him.

"Sister, I know after everything you don't want to marry anyone and don't trust anyone. It's your life and you've got all rights to decide. It's just Pragya wants Dev and you to get married. I think you should give a chance to this relationship, atleast for me. Who knows Dev maybe the one for you?" She explained in a sad tone. I walked towards the garden and sat there with my head in hands. Why does it have to be me always? As if I wasn't having enough in my plate that Dev had to be included.

I know Mr. And Mrs. Kumar surely want to kick me out in the name of marriage. How pathetic!  I can't say yes and go against my principles of not marrying anyone or trusting anyone. I can't even reject it and make Mayira upset as she may even feel that I'm always rude and may even leave me. What do I do?

Oh wait! As far as I know Dev was a flirt from childhood and after leaving for London he would've become a professional womaniser. I hate him, he hates me. The feelings are mutual. So ofcourse he'll never say yes to this alliance. I'm so intelligent. Now if the groom is not ready what will Mayira do?

With a smirk I entered the living room to see Mr. Kumar busy with his newspaper and his wife busy with serving him. Mayira was watching TV though her concentration was not on the show.

"I'm ready." I said and sat down next to her, switching channels after snatching the remote from Mayira's hand. "What?" Mayira asked uninterestedly. "For marriage." I said to which her eyes wide opened and without blinking she stared at me as if she'll close her eyes and blink I'm gonna dissappear. "Are you serious?" She questioned in a shocked tone. "Ah, kid, I'm ready to marry the one you chose for me." I said as if I was stating that the sun rises in East and sets in West.

Her expression was worth-seeing. It was so hard to control my laughter. She started smirking like she knows some secret of mine. Damn this girl. "Oh, so madam is ready to marry as she's falling in love with Dev bro!" She said teasingly with smirk. "Okay cut the crap! I don't even know how he looks like. I'll marry only for you." I said.

"What? Wait! I'll show you how he looks like." She said and took out her phone. I wasn't at all interested in his ugly face. My phone started ringing and I excused myself ignoring Mayira's screams.

My so-called parents weren't so happy or sad with this marriage. They decided to fake smile and happiness in front of other guests. It wasn't really hurting me as it was expected from their side. Liar.

Okay fine. I accept it really hurts me knowing that my so-called parents don't really care about my marriage when they got super excited for Mayira's engagement itself. A lil' jealousy.

Still this reaction of theirs was known and expected. They don't give a damn anyways. They just don't care about my presence and existence until I ain't disturbing their lives. I'm just as invisible as air and as useless as an used sticky note. I was still happy that Mayira was happy. She was super excited like it was her own marriage which made me real happy.

Her happiness is contagious.