Chapter Twenty-Eight : Confrontations

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

Okay, enough is seriously enough! Am I some potato sack or what? Like literally man? Aradhaya is just so bossy and full of herself. First, she'll like me and expects me to not avoid her no matter how much ever she scolds me. Second, she misunderstands me and without any freaking warning avoids me like I'm a piece of crap here. Now, she just comes and says on my face that the contract is on and we're gonna get divorced after some months. Like if she had to leave me, then why did she even marry me? What's the use of clearing all the misunderstandings when one day she's just going to divorce me and leave like I'm nothing?

This girl seriously needs to know how to deal with people. Whatever it is I'm not going to give up until and unless I don't get a clarity that we're gonna stay together forever. If we had to part ways, then we wouldn't have been married in the first place. So yeah, basically, Mrs. Aradhaya Reddy has to fall for me no matter what. I slowly cleared my thoughts and filled my brain with positive energy, as still there is a chance for me and I'm not going to loose it.

I walked down to see everyone laughing at something, which is probably related to Pragya and Rahul, as their faces were that of a two year old kid's when you just snatch away their lollipops and-oh my god! My wife-okay! Aradhaya was laughing like a maniac! I joined them too and everything went fine. Only Aradhaya falling in love with me is left and that'd be done soon too.

-----

I was in my cabin, checking the presentation for the last time before the meeting which is scheduled to be held tomorrow at eleven as the dealers' plane was delayed. I just hope everything goes right with the meeting and we crack this deal. I just want dad to be happy. I closed my laptop and switched on my phone to check ten missed calls from an unknown number. What? I called back and the person lifted the call right after two rings. "Is this Dev speaking?" A voice questioned and it didn't take me years to recognise who it was. Mayira. What's up with her now?

"Yeah. But why did you call me at this time Mayira? All okay?" I asked concerned. "Well, nothing's okay and I want you right here at my home bro. It's about Aradhaya sister. Be quick." She hung up. Aradhaya? Is she okay? It's really getting difficult now and I've to talk to her. I quickly informed Ram about my sudden emergency and left the office. It was already seven at night. At this time what's so important that Mayira had called me? I just hope it's not that bad I'm expecting it to be. Aradhaya-I hope she's okay.

-----

It was six thirty, and Aradhaya was in the city's one of the best pub, drinking. The music was quite high beaming from all sides. Youngsters were full on swing moving to the best of the music, consuming alcohol and all other drinks of the best brands and making out with their partners. Half of them came to supress their stress of daily life and pain of unforgettable past while the other half came to enjoy and show off their riches by partying like wild creatures. In middle of all these wasted youngsters was Aradhaya, drinking to forget her past, supress her present and avoid her future.