Chapter Four : Marriage Proposal For Mr. Playboy

Dev Reddy

Dev Reddy.

Atlast I reached. After a long journey, I stepped on my motherland which I thought I'd never do in my life. As soon as I did, my mind was filled with her  memories and face while I felt a different kind of hurt which I felt that day when she left. Am I doing the right thing by coming back?

"Bro I know you're feeling hurt, but it's okay. Don't regret your decision. You're here for your Mom and family not for her. Divert your mind. Don't listen to your heart." Rahul whispered in my ear bringing my out of my thoughts. "Man! How do you know what I feel in my heart and have solutions for everything?" I questioned surprised. "Ah nothing! Rahul just knows everything." He answered. We both laughed and started walking towards the car which Dad sent for us.

Rahul and I were childhood bffs. He is handsome and independent like me. We both were like sworn brothers and our tastes were the same too. He knows me very well and I am just glad and lucky that I'm blessed with him.

"Oh boy! C'mon let's move! We've reached." He nudged my hand. We both came out of the car. I stared at my big mansion for a few minutes. My mind was filled with all my childhood memories. There was a board which read "Reddy Mansion". Ah how much I missed my home!
I rushed inside avoiding Rahul's calls. As I entered inside I saw my Mom sipping coffee and reading a fashion magazine while my Dad was on a phone call. I went near my Mom and kneeled down in front of her.

"Mom." This was all I could say. She looked up and her eyes welled up. She pulled my into a motherly hug. "How are you my son?" It was dad.
I got up and hugged him too. How much I missed these people!

"Dad, where's Grandmom? What's wrong with her health?" I questioned. "Ah you know your Grandmom had a heart attack. Day-before-yesterday it was her second time and the doctor said if she will not take care of herself she may expire soon." He said in a sad tone. "But mom, you said she has only few days left? Why the hell did you lie to me?" I questioned in a hard tone.

"Son, your Grandmom has a wish and she wants you to fulfill her wish or else she won't take good care of herself. She isn't listening to anyone. You know she's so stubborn, just like you." She explained. "And what does she wish for?" I questioned again.

"I want you to get married to the girl I choose for you." And it was my Grandmom. I turned around to see her in a wheel chair and Pragya was standing beside her. I was shocked. Marriage? Me? Never!

"What?" I questioned again. "I want my grandson to get married and the girl will be of my choice!" She answered in a hard tone. "No ways! I already told you I ain't gonna marry anyone! I can't commit my whole life with one woman! That's impossible!" I stated. "Okay then get ready to see me expire." She said in a weak tone.

"The hell! Why don't you understand Grandmom? I don't want to marry anyone!" I said in an irritated tone. "Why don't you understand? She's best for you! You'll be happy with her. Agree to this marriage or see me expire. This one's my last wish and end of the discussion." She said. Why does it have to be me always! Wait-who's the girl firstly?
"Who's the girl you've chosen for me?" I asked. "Bro you know her. She's your childhood friend, Aradhaya Kumar." Pragya, my younger sister, answered.

Aradhaya Kumar? Who's she? Right, she's the eldest daughter of Anand Kumar and Radhika Kumar. Oh their business wasn't going well right? And that nonsense Aradhaya! She's so stupid and irritating! I hate her! She's the only girl whom I hate the most!

"No ways! I hate that girl! She too hates me. I don't want to marry her at any cost!" I shouted in anger. "Look grandmom I told you right, bro will never marry her." Pragya stated in a low sad tone. "Okay then, he doesn't care about me. Take me to my room, Pragya. I'll die there only." Grandmom said in a weak tone.

And here goes the emotional drama, again . . .

"Okay wait! I'll marry her. Now stop this emotional blackmail, I'm tired." I said in a low tone. "Really?" Grandmom asked to which I nodded positively. All my family members were happy about it. Rahul was looking at me weirdly like a policeman looks at the thief as he knew I was cooking something in my brain.

He held my hand and dragged me out. I was having a blank expression as I wasn't really shocked with his reaction. After all he's my sworn brother and he knows everything about me. "Spill the beans!" Rahul said after leaving my hand when we reached the small garden near the kitchen. "What?" I questioned innocently.

"Oh just shut up boy! I know you're cooking something in your brain. So just spill the beans obediently." He said in an irritated tone. I started laughing. He gave me death glares as I tried hard to control my laughter. "Okay okay I'll tell you." I said holding my stomach. "Say!" Rahul said.

"Okay listen. I know Aradhaya from childhood. She seriously hates playboys and is very decent and obedient. I was a flirt from childhood. So basically she hates me. She'll never agree to marry me. So when the girl isn't ready what will my Grandmom do!" I said with a smirk.

"Oh my god Dev! Your a genius!" Rahul said. I smirked more.

"I know that bro!" I stated to which he laughed. Then we both went inside to take rest as tomorrow there'll be a show going on when my Grandmom will get to know that Aradhaya rejected me.

Tomorrow's going to be very interesting.