CHAPTER 52: REUNITED

Chapter 52: Reunited

We get inside his car and he brought me to Dad. Cooler has always been the friendly dude. He even befriended the guards of Bridle, as of Ryu I don't know how he was able to pass through the gates. Maybe through coercion or whatever means aside from being friendly. That word doesn't fit Ryu.

Cooler being friends with my Dad isn't surprising. Naikwento na sa akin ni Artemis dati na kahit may pagkabatang-isip si Cooler, he has maturity within himself. Sa katunayan ay mas nakakasundo daw nito ang mga nakatatanda sa mafia. Well yeah, despite his childish acts like wondering over a magic trick, I see a mature side of him. Nailulugar nito ang pagiging isip bata nito. I have recalled some maturity in him whenever he is in his 'Zeus Mode' unlike being Cooler

Pagdating namin sa cafe ay naghihintay doon si Daddy. I immediately hugged him tight while Cooler excused himself from us. Kahit pinigilan siya ni Daddy ay iginiit niya pa rin na kailangan naming magkasarinlan. He will stay over in a nearby shop and wait for me upang maibalik niya ako sa Bridle.

"I don't know how you trusted Cooler that much Dad", wika ko habang tinatanaw ang papalayong pigura ni Cooler. He walked gracefully towards the doorway of the cafe and wander into the other part of the commercial building kung nasaan ang cafe.

"That kid is really trustworthy. You're lucky to have him on your friend list", Dad said. Oh yes, of course I know that.

"He betrayed his own name", wika ko. I have no clear picture how the mafia was affected by Cooler's betrayal. As far as I can remember, there were affected transactions that cost the mafia to lose millions. It pissed Ryu that much at maging ang mga reapers ay apektado dahil doon.

"Well, it isn't a betrayal to the mafia, I mean not directly. If he didn't do it, the mafia has much to lose compared to the one they lost after what Cooler did", sagot ni Daddy and it puzzled me.

"What does it mean?"

"The Genesis is trying to penetrate the Vander Mafia in an indirect way. They tend to make false transactions that would make the mafia fall into their trap but Cooler was able to prevent that by sacrificing large transactions and it's also a way to protect you."

"Hindi ko pa rin po maintindihan." I tried understanding it but I only got a blurry picture of what Cooler did. Ang alam ko lamang ay malaki ang epekto niyon sa mafia.

Dad smile gently at me. "You don't have to understand by now Sweetie. It's very complicated. You're too young to understand all those things."

I made a face at him. "H-how about my real Mom? Totoo ba ang sinabi ni Cooler that she left you for some other guy?" Sa tingin ko ay panahon na para pag-usapan namin ni Daddy ang tungkol sa tunay kong ina.

Dad let out a sad smile. "That was what she said but it isn't what really happened. Ayaw niya sa pamilya ko, who's been into underground business for years, the Allejo's. That is why she decided to leave but she came back pregnant and that was you. I'm sure the rest was revealed by your friends. After all, I also talked to your boyfriend so I presumed he conveyed the whole story to you."

Nanlaki ang mga mata ko sa sinabi ni Daddy. "Boyfriend??!"

"Gray Ivan. Isn't that kid your boyfriend?", he asked and I felt myself blushed. Agad kong pinulot ang kape na kanina pa nakalapag sa harapan ko. Why would Dad think that Gray is my boyfriend?!

"He's not my boyfriend!"

Dad chuckled and it pissed me. Does anyone know how awkward it is to talk to your Dad about crushes and relationships?!

"I want us to start fresh, ikaw, ako, just the two of us. You'll be Amber Sison Allejo. I have so many plans for us Sweetie. Malayo sa gulo, far from the Genesis-"