Chapter 8

Versia's Pov:

It's been a full 24 hours since I found out about Bryce missing. I found no information about him. Good thing I wasn't a detective.

Bella was still upset. She felt like it was all her fault. Even though I told her it wasn't.

I got up and got dressed. I left the apartment without even saying goodbye. I hadn't really gotten the chance to tell Bella about going to school, but she'd find out eventually.

"Versia!"

"Oh, hey joey."

"I'm so sorry about what happened are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it's just a lot to handle right now."

"Yeah, I can't even imagine what it's like."

I stopped walking. "Can we please talk about something else?"

"Yeah, sorry. So what are you up to today."

"I'm going to school."

"You're in school."

"Yeah I'm in rolled in the nearby university."

"Good for you. I gotta go but I'll see you around."

"Bye" I said. That was awkward. I said to myself as I got into my car.

I drove to the university and walked straight to the headmasters office.

"Good Morning Versia"

"Good Morning"

"Okay. So here's the plan. We get a couple photos of you you say some good stuff about our university then Ill let you leave."

"Sound good" I said.

"Parker! Versia's ready for her photo shoot."

"Send her in" he yelled back.

"Two doors to the left."

"Thank you" I said walking out of her office. I opened the doors. And looked around the room.

It was huge. It was like a set that people film movies on. It was nothing like what I expected. Who I assumed was Parker was talking on the phone. He waved at me to come closer.

I walked over onto the set. The lights were huge. I felt like I had walked into a different world.

Parker waved at me to stop. I stood still and glanced around the room. A shelf in the back held all of the equipment. Cameras, tripods, bags, basically everything.

Parker clapped his hands together. "Okay, let's get started shall we. Here." He handed me a red dress and ordered me to go put is on.

When I came back two more people were in the room. Parker was talking to them.

"That's the plan. I suppose you may have already known, but you know she'll never see it."

The other two smiled. The taller one stoped smiling as soon as she saw me. "Parker." She said.

He turned around, "Ah yes, there she is. Versia are you ready?"

"Uh yeah. I guess"

"Alright all you have to do is stand here and hold this." He handed me a book. "And smile, but not to much smile."

"Okay" I said taking a deep breath. I walked onto the x. I smiled a slight smile.

He took pictures quickly.

"She's like a professional, are you sure she was just randomly picked?"

I laughed and Parker took more pictures. That had caught me off guard.

"Perfect! She is going to love these! I can't wait to have these approved." Parker said packing up his camera

"What? Were done already?" I asked.

Parker glanced at me. "Yes, these photos are fantastic. Are you sure you've never modeled before?" He gave me a sly smile.

"Oh, I just thought that these things lasted for hours." I said staring down at my feet.

Parker grabbed the book out of my hand. "They normally do unless you just naturally good at it." He handed the book to the taller girl. "Thanks Chrisa"

"Well, I'll go change and then be on my way."

"That'll be great." He said walking away.

I changed out of the dress and handed it to Chrisa. She told me goodbye and said that she was looking forward to seeing me again.

I wondered what her job was. What was her point in being here? She didn't take pictures or anything. Oh well. Maybe she's an intern. I shrugged.

I walked out of the photography room. Cody was walking by.

"Versia? What are you doing here?"

"I go to school here now. And I'm in their ads."

"Since when? Why didn't you tell me this?"

"Well it did kinda just get clarified."

"That's insane. Well I'm glad you're here."

He acted like he had more to say. But didn't say anything else. He ran his hand through his hair.

We walked outside into the rain. I sighed. Cody had parked his car right next to mine.

"Are you following me?" I asked playfully.

He rolled his eyes. "Obviously, I'm obsessed with you."

We laughed. I walked around to the drives side of my car.

"Oh. My. dog!" I screamed.