Chapter 19

Bella's Pov:

I listened as Versia and Cody left. I opened my bedroom door and walked into Cody's room. I opened his closet door and skimmed the area.

There was a small section of clothing that belonged to Versia. I searched through her clothing. I found a small tight red cocktail dress. Her gold necklace and a pair of heels.

I walked over to the mirror and held it up to myself. It was the perfect size.

I put the dress on and looked into the mirror. I blew myself a kiss. I slipped on the heels and walked out of his flat. I walked down the hall way. Five doors down and I knocked on the door.

He opened the door. He raised his eyebrow. "Can I help you?"

"Yep." I grabbed the collar of his shirt. "You still mad?"

He pulled me inside and closed the door. "Nope"

Versia's Pov:

Cody threw his keys on the table as we walked into his flat.

"I'm putting the leftovers in the fridge, unless Bella wants them." He said.

I slipped away from his side. "I'll go ask."

I walked into Bella's room. She wasn't there. I pulled out my phone and dialectical her number. It rang and rang, but no answer.

"Cody?" I said walking back into the kitchen.

"Yeah?"

"She's not here. Nor is she answering her phone."

He bit his lip and pushed past me. I followed after him. He searched Bella's bedroom. He found nothing.

He went into his own room. The closet light was on. We looked at each other.

I gestured for him to open the door. He nooses his head and pulled open the door.

Bella wasn't in there either. Her close lay on the floor.

I stepped backwards and covered my mouth to keep myself from screaming. "You don't think.." I let me voice trail off. I didn't want to have to finish my sentence.

"Not possible. Someone would have heard her. Versia only other agents live here. It's highly unlikely someone got in."

I crossed my arms. I thought about what she had said to me a while back ago, maybe she really was jealous. My phone buzzed and I looked down at it. Angelica.

"Is that her?" He asked.

I shook my head and walked into the living room. I answered the phone. Cody had followed me and I waved him away but he didn't listen.

"Hello Versia?"

"Yes that's me." I waved Cody away one more time but he refused to listen.

"I was just calling to confirm that you'll be here at nine a clock."

"Of course. I wouldn't want to miss it." I walked farther away from Cody.

"Perfect. If you have anything from our line you need to come wearing it."

I thought for a second. I didn't have anything from Victoria secret that you wore for everyone to see. "Okay."

I heard her clap her hands together. "Alright enjoy the rest of your day. We'll see you tomorrow. We can't wait."

"Me either. Bye bye now."

"Until tomorrow." She said hanging up the phone.

I bit my lip. Where was Bella. Was she taken? Or did she just leave? Maybe jealousy got the best of her. But I had know her long enough to know that when something was bothering her you would know.

I turned around and realized that Cody was still there.

I cursed under my breath.

"Was that her?" He asked.

"No, it wasn't. I wouldn't lie to you about that."

He raised his eyebrow. "Then who was it?"

"Just an old time friend."

He rolled his eyes. "Versia?"

I stopped and stared at the ground.

"Who was it. I know it wasn't just some friend."

"Well, you'd be wrong. It was just Myla. I didn't have the gut to tell her about Bella and maybe it's just a big misunderstanding!" I snapped.

Cody remained calm. He was leaning up against the wall. "Alright spill it. What do you know?"

I sighed. "I really know nothing. The phone call had nothing to do with Bella"

He stood up straight. I stepped back. "Then what was it about? I thought you would tell me everything."

I bit my lip to hold back the tears. I knew that this was his job. He was good at pushing all the right buttons to hear what he wanted."

"I can't tell you right now! It's just not a good time." I felt myself crumbling down.

He walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder. He pulled me into his arms.

"Please, just tell me eventually." He whispered

"I will." I murmured.

He grabbed my hand and led me down the hall. "It's been a long day. You should get some rest. We both should."

He didn't even know the half of it.