Chapter 26

Versia's Pov:

I sat up my head pounding. I was in the back of a vehicle. My arms were tied behind my back.

I attempted to free them,but it was no use. I would need a knife or some assistance. There was only the driver and someone in the passenger seat.

I looked to my left. Someone was curled up on the floor with a bag on their head.

I bent down and grabbed the bag with my teeth and pulled it off.

He looked so familiar. I knew I'd seen him before. Maybe he was at the office. Zachary. He was laying on the floor.

I silently cheered in my head. I was going to be okay! If he woke up he would save me!

I nudged him with my foot. He barely moved. I knew he was alive. I could see the rise and fall of his chest.

The vehicle stopped. No. I thought. I need it to keep going. I need Zachary to wake up. Someone needs to save me. Save us.

My thoughts stopped. If Zachary was here.. I gulped. Then Bella had to be here too.

The door opened. A women yanked me out of the car. She pushed the barrel of her gun to my head.

"Listen and listen well. Do what I say and we won't have any..." she cocked her gun. "..issues. Got it?"

"Yes." I said as she dragged me into a building.

She opened the door to one of the rooms. She flicked on the light and tossed me inside. My hands became free.

She slammed the door closed and locked it. I could here her say "we've got her."

I sat on the floor. I was so alone. Again. I did this once. How hard could it be to do it again? I sighed. I knew it was going to be rough. Justin had managed to survive a bullet to the stomach. And he was left with enough energy to go after me again.

I sighed again. I guess that meant he would only be happier to see me die now. To see Cody and Bella suffer.

I curled up into a little ball. I'd do whatever they say. I had to. If I didn't I wouldn't survive. I'll be the puppet master. I could pull on the strings. I would manipulate them.

I sat on the floor and smiled to myself. If they wanted me to go out with a fight they were wrong. I was gonna go out with a war.

The door slammed open.

A woman stepped inside. Chrisa. "So, I heard you work for Victoria Secret. That's cute."

I just stared at her. I didn't know how to answer her.

"First you think you can steel my spot taking photos for a University. Then you think you can just rise ten levels above me." She pointed her gun at me. "You can't!" She screamed. "You won't! Because guess what? I'm not going to let you! I'll shoot you right now! Forget what orders are! The faster you die the better!" She screamed as she pulled the trigger.

She missed. She put a hole in the wall.

She ran her free hand threw her hair. "Stay here. I'm going to get someone else."

She slammed the door behind her. I could hear her screaming and yelling out in the hallway.

I examined the hole in the wall. The only thing separating me and another room was dry wall.

I took a deep breath. I kicked the wall. It began to crumble. I pushed my foot into it again. A large chunk of the wall came off. I climbed through the whole.

A woman sat in the corner her hands were in her hands.

She looked up at me. "Are you here to kill me. Please just get it over with."

"Who are you."

"Head chief of...." she paused. "Nothing."

"I'm not going to kill you. We have to get out of here."

She looked at me. Examining my face. "Why should I trust you?"

"Then stay here and rot. I'm going to leave." I said standing up. I kicked a whole through one of her walls. I made the hole big enough for me to get through.

I looked back at her. She just sat there. I stepped through the wall.

That was my first mistake.