Chapter 30

Versia's Pov:

Bella parked her car. "Well I'm just dropping you off. It's right down the sidewalk."

I looked out the window. The sidewalk was lined with rose bushes. They had small lights hung on them.

I climbed out of the car. I said my goodbyes to Bella and watched her drive away. I looked at the pathway in front of me.

I walked down the side walk. I took in the sights of everything. It was like a garden from heaven. I walked to the end of the side walk the only way to go was left.

Someone was standing there, their back was turned to me. They were wearing a black suit. They were standing in the center of a covered pallet. Roses and lights lined the outside. A large crystal chandler hung in the center.

I stepped closer and closer. "Cody?"

He turned around and looked at me.

I reached him. He took my hands in his. "You look stunning, way better than stunning."

"Thank you. You look extraordinary too."

I could hear music playing in the background.

He took a deep breath. "Versia Snow..."

I could see all of my friends and family. Bella, Zachary, Myla, my mother and father who I hadn't seen in years.

I felt tears welding up in my eyes. I turned my attention back to him. "Versia Snow, you've made me the happiest person alive. I couldn't imagine spending a day without you. Without you is like a year without rain. You've changed my life in ways I would have never imagined." He got down on one knee. "And I couldn't imagine waiting another second without asking you this." He pulled a little box out of his pocket. "Versia Snow? Will you marry me?"

"Yes!" He slipped the ring onto my finger and stood up.

Everyone cheered and he pulled me close. Our lips colliding.

I smiled at him. "How did you do all of this?"

He shrugged, "I guess anything can happen."

I kissed him again.

My past began to feel like another life. This was all that mattered to me. I was going to get married! I'd dreamt of it as a little girl, but when I got older I knew it wasn't possible. But it is. And my family is here and all my dreams are coming true. All of the troubles of last year drifted away in the wind.

There was no past. It was gone. Only here and now was left of me. I was what was left of me.
Cody was a new part of what was left of me. I wasn't myself without him.

The new me is what's left of the old me.