Chapter 18

Versia's Pov:

Angelica asked me about my past life, my future, family, past jobs and anything else she could think of. She was finally getting to the part about modeling.

"These photos." She pushed the photos that Parker had taken of me. "This is what caught my eye. I adore these."

I smiled. I liked them to. My fake smile made it look like my life was worry free.

"I really do want you to be an Angle. I can see it already, Angelica Grey manager of americas favorite angel Versia Snow." She gave herself a small applause.

I giggled. "It truly does sound good on the lips."

She clapped her hands together. "Yes! It does. So what do you say Versia are you on board? Will you be apart of the Victoria secret family. Will you fill the role of an angel?"

I looked back at Bella. She was nodding frantically. "Ye... Yes! I would love to."

A huge smile grew on her face. "Welcome to the family. I'll call you tomorrow to discuss your first photo shoot. Oh and Bella." She scribbled something down on a piece of paper. "Here, call this number. She's in. Barge of the music department. I'm sure she'd be ecstatic to meet you."

Bella smiled, "thank you."

"No problem, I'll see you hopefully tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of your day,"

"You too." I said and we left her office.

Bella and I celebrated out in the hallway. We left the building with huge smiles on our faces.

"I'm speechless." She cried.

"I know. I have so many things I want to say but I can't even put them into words!"

She laughed.

"I can't wait to tell Cody."

Her smile dropped. She bit her lip. "Have fun with that."

"Oh my dog, you're right. He's gonna be ticked."

One hour later:

I sat on the couch with Bella as we tried to come up with logical explanation for the whole situation.

"We could just open up about it right away."

I shrugged. "It's a good idea, but I don't know. If it were you then yeah, but because I don't want our relationship to fold on this. " I shook my head.

"Okay, lets just let it sit for a bit and then we'll see where that gets us. Besides..."

The front door opening cut her off. I looked at the clock. 5:15.

I could hear Cody talking with someone on his cellphone.

"I thought he wasn't going to be here for another two hours."

"Me too. He always gets back around seven."

"Well, I'm gonna go in my room and read a book and listen to music, so you two can have some alone time."

"You don't have to do that."

"It's better than watching you two make out." She winked at me.

"Whatever."

She smiled at me and walked down the hallway to her room. She made a face at me before she closed her bedroom door.

I could still hear Cody on the phone in the other room, but I decided to get up and say something to him.

I walked through the little walkway and waited in the door frame.

He was leaning on his heels up against the bar with his back facing me.

"I know that, but without a lead it's useless information." He paused and listened to whoever was on the line. "No, I'm not going to do that. I've actually got a job I'd like to keep. The notes I take do not affect your ability to work, and if they do." He paused. "Find somewhere else to work."

He removed the phone from his ear and ended the call. He sighed as he sat his phone down on the counter.

I walked over to the counter. He turned around when he heard my heels clicking against the floor.

" I didn't really expect you to be here." He said.

"I could say the same thing about you."

He shrugged. "Flexible hours. Nothing new I guess."

He wrapped his arms around my waist. "Have you been here all day?"

"No, I went out for a while with Bella earlier."

"Is she still here? I didn't see her car."

"She parked farther down. Someone had stolen her spot. She's sleeping with her headphones in. It'll be a couple of months before she gets out of bed."

He smiled. "She actually sleeps?" He leaned slightly toward the hallway. "I was expecting her to yell back." He cleared his throat. "I heard that." He mocked.

I laughed. "She would lose it. If she heard you say that."

"I know." I leaned in and kissed him, I let my thoughts of everything melt away.

"We could go dinner or something." He said stopping our kisses."

"Or we could just stay right here." He smiled and kissed me again.

"I'm serious." He said pulling away.

I stuck out my lip. "Fine" we kissed one more time. "I'm gonna go fix my hair."

He crossed his arms. "Why? You look fine."

I glared at him. "I'm going to fix my hair." I blew himself kiss.

"Funny. I get it."

I smiled and he smiled back at me.

I walked into the bedroom and grabbed my phone.

One missed call from Angelica Grey.

I called her back.

"Hello?"

"I see I missed a call from you."

"Yes, we have a photo shoot opening tomorrow. At nine. I'd love for you to be there."

"I will. I've gotta go. Text me what to wear and where to meet you. Okay bye bye now." I said hanging up.

I didn't even give her time to say goodbye. I walked into the bathroom and fixed my hair.

I also told Bella that I was leaving.

"Are you ready?"

"Wait, hold on let me go.... I'm just kidding."

"I think I would've cried if you were serious."

We laughed. He grabbed my hand and our fingers interlocked. We walked out of his building hand in hand.