Chapter 9

Versia's Pov:

"What is it?" He asked.

I pointed to the car. The window was smashed and the side had been keyed. Paint had been dumped in the inside.

I held myself together and tried not to cry.

"Who would do this?" He asked.

I didn't ask I just stared at the car.

"Versia? Who would've done this?"

"I don't know." I sobbed. "I don't really know anybody yet."

He opened the hood of my car. I didn't want to look but I did. Someone had stolen the battery out of it.

He cursed under his breath. "Just breathe." He said. "We'll call and file a report. I can give you a ride home. If you need one? Which.." he put his hand on the back of his neck. "It kinda looks like you do."

"I can't file a report."

"Why. Of course you can."

I knew I could be because it would go on my records, I definitely did not want that. "Uh, well first of it's not my car, it's my roommates, and secondly I'm not much of a new resident. I don't have triple A for this location yet"

"Versia, you can't lie to me. Maybe the first things true, but the second ones not. I can help you."

"With what? I don't need help I can figure it out."

He narrowed his eyes. "Not on your own. Just at least let me give you a ride home."

I bit my lip. I couldn't just leave that car sitting here. I wanted his help, but I knew that, that would be a mistake. " yes please. I've got no other way to get there."

He walked around to the opposite side of his camero and opened the door.

"Thank you," I said.

"No problem. Really."

I sighed. Cody climbed into the drivers seat and started the car.

"Are you sure there's nobody you know who would want to sabotage you?"

"Cody, I really don't know." I had thoughts of who it was, but I couldn't tell him that. "If I even had a guess I would tell you."

"Okay, I just don't want you to..." his voice trailed off. "Never mind"

"Okay. Take a left." I said.

We arrived at my apartment building. I got out of the car and so did Cody.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

"I'm going to walk you back to your apartment. If someone will go after your car how do you know they won't go after your home?"

"I guess your right." I said opening the building doors and walking up the stairs. When we reached my door, I knocked. Nothing.

I fished the keys out of my bag and unlocked the door. When it opened I noticed the tv was missing.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. I guess you were wrong. Nothing weird here." I said pushing him out the door.

I closed the door on him.

"Versia!" He yelled.

"Bye, it was nice seeing you."

"Versia!"

I walked away and into Bella's room. She was sitting on her bed with her hands tied and duct tape on her mouth.

I ripped the tape of her mouth.

"Oh my dog. Thank dog you're here."

"Bella who was here? Justin?" I whispered his name.

"No, I didn't recognize who ever it was." She seemed really calm, but I knew deep down she was freaking out.

I sighed. "Why me. This is all happening to fast. It feels like we just moved in yesterday! I don't...." a knock at the door cut me off.

Bella turned pale. "Do we answer it?" She squeaked.

I began tip toeing to the door. Bella followed close behind. I looked through the peep hole. I sighed. I opened the door.

"Joey." I said wrapping my arms around him. "Thank dog you're here."

"What are you talking about?" He raised an eyebrow at me.

"Nothing I just thought you were gonna be someone else."

"Okay. Actually I came by to.." he stoped and looked around the room. "You've been robbed haven't you."

"What?" I asked.

He crossed his arms. "Someone was trying to break into my apartment. They ended up getting the lock off, but I had already called the cops. They must've come back for you're flat."

"I know. Don't worry I already called the authorities." I lied.

"I hope they catch whoever it is. What good does it do them to break into an apartment? And the same apartment. Sounds pretty lame, for a criminal." He used air quotes when he said criminal.

"I'm sure they'll be caught. You're right though. They were dumb enough to come back."

Joey's phone buzzed. He looked down at it. I saw him bite his lip. "I gotta take this."

"Okay." I said. He gave me a slight little wave and I waved back at him.

I closed the door , and looked at Bella. "We've got company." She said. Her face was pale.

I turned around and looked in the windows. Three men were climbing in through the balcony opening.