Chapter 27

Versia's Pov:

"I am thrilled that you could stop by." He placed down his coffee.

"What do you want from me?" I spat.

Justin looked up at me and smiled. "I want you all to myself. Preferably dead, so you'll never leave me again."

"Why did you bring me here?"

"Tsk tsk. Chrisa? Karen?" He called.

The two women walked in and stood beside him.

"Karen wants revenge on her agency. Along with her partner Lisa."

I knew it! She was put to get me and here they are.

"Chrisa wants to make sure that she fills your spot." He grabbed her chin. "Look at her isn't she just marvelous."

Chrisa blushed, "You could've been with us. But you chose to be on the loosing team. Now you pay the price with them."

She fished her weapon out of her pocket and Karen followed.

"Play nice, but not to nice," said Justin as he got up and left the room.

Two guns pointed at me. No where to go. I didn't speak or move.

Chrisa took a step toward me. "I'm gonna be nice." She paused and gave me a sinister smile. "Which one of us do you want to pull the trigger and end your life?" She laughed.

I grabbed my wrist. She walked behind me. Laughing as she drug the edge of her gun across my shoulder.

I whipped around and elbowed her to the face. She fell to the ground. The gun slid from her hand. I snatched it off the ground and pointed at Karen.

She put her weapon in her back pocket and threw her hands in the air. "Let me help you." She whispered. "I know where Cody is. I don't want him to get hurt. Please."

"Cody's here?"

"Yes, Bella, Cody, Zachary, Chief Commander and Kim."

Chrisa began to attempt to get back to her feet. I pulled the trigger. She let out a yelp. I watched the blood pour from her leg. I stepped behind the door.

Karen nodded. The door opened. "I assume she's gone?" It was Justin.

"Yes sir. We'll clean up right away."

"Good." He began to close the door. I grabbed the handle and slammed it back open. He stumbled backwards and looked at me.

I smashed the gun into his head. He fell to his knees. Karen ran out of the room.

He pushed himself back up. He grabbed the gun from my hand and threw it down the hall.

He grabbed my hair and slammed me against the door. "It didn't have to be this way!"

He slammed me onto the floor. "It still doesn't. We can fix this." I tried to play it cool, but the pain was becoming unbearable.

He loomed over me. "But we won't." He kicked me in the side. "You won't. All I ever wanted was for you to love me."

He grabbed my neck and pushed me up against the wall. I struggled to breathe.

He pulled a knife from his pocket. "Maybe this will be the end. I'll make sure I watch your last breath."

He put the blade to my neck. It was cold against my skin. "Please, I'll go with you. I can love you."

He pulled the blade back.

"I do....."

"Too bad you lie." He placed the blade back to my neck. I could feel it cutting into my skin.

"Any last words."

"I love...." I was cut off by Karen.

"Justin! We have a serious problem. Two of the agents got out!"

He pulled the knife back. "Finish her off. I know you show no mercy." He handed her the knife and dashed down the hallway.

She watched him leave. When he was out of sure she mumbled "I let them out."

"Who?"

"All of them. Bella, Cody, and every one else. It's not worth the money." She jammed the knife into the wall. "I'll help you get out of here."

"Why? I thought you wanted me gone?"

"Long story. There's a bomb in the building. We have to get out of here. Justin is the only one in control of it. I released everyone else so they should be escaping now."

My jaw dropped. "Not Cody." I said staring down at my feet.

"Why not I let him out?"

"He's probably looking for me."

She crossed her arms. "Just because he saved you from an interrogation doesn't mean he's gonna save you again. He probably doesn't even know who you are."

She didn't know. Why hadn't Cody told her. "I'm gonna look for Bella." I lied. I knew that if she got let out she'd already be gone with Zachary.

"Suit yourself." Karen walked away toward the exit.

There was no time. If there really was a bomb I'd have to works fast.