Year One

Today is October 26, which marks our one year anniversary. Ian is taking me out for a special dinner tonight. It's a cool night, but not cold. It had rained a few days ago which still makes the air smell of autumn. This is my favorite time of year. I looked at the clock on my night table. 6:18! Oh goodness. Ian will be here in ten minutes. I finished my simple attire of a black knee length skirt and a cream colored three quarter sleeve sweater, with a spritz of perfume on each side of my neck under my ears...Cherry blossom, Ian's favorite, and a pale shimmer gloss on my lips. All set.

Just as I was landing at the bottom of the staircase I heard keys and then the knob from the front door turning. Knowing that it was Ian I wasn't startled.
"Wow, you look beautiful, as always", Ian said as he entered.
"Thank you handsome", I replied, giving him a peck on his full lips.
He closed the door behind him and walked into the living room waiting for me to grab my jacket and purse.
"So where are we going"? I asked
"That my love, is a surprise", Ian replied grinning from ear to ear.

We drove into Center City Philadelphia for dinner. I was a little anxious and nervous not knowing where we were going. Although I know Ian and he would never take me somewhere I didn't like. We arrived at a public parking lot on 11th street twenty minutes later. Since we live in Manyunk it's not a far drive. But being a Sunday and almost Halloween in Philadelphia it can sometimes be a hassle. Even in a short distance.
Ian shut off the engine and got out of the car, heading over to my side of the car and opening the door for me. He is a perfect gentleman in every way possible.
"Thank you", I said, taking his hand as he helped me out of my seat.
We held hands and walked out of the parking lot and down the street until he stops and asks, "Are you hungry"?
I look up and see we are out front of the Vietnamese restaurant we went to on our first date.
"Awww....This is a great surprise"! I replied, "Of course I am"
Dinner was perfect. Everything was delicious. Our server was very polite and quick. This night is going great. I grabbed my purse from the seat and dug inside for a neatly wrapped gift and pulled it out.
"Happy Anniversary", I exclaimed, handing the gift to Ian.
He looked a bit off guard and shocked.
"You didn't have to", he said as he starts tearing at the paper revealing a box that clearly came from a jeweler. He looks up at me.
"Just open it", I said.
He sighed and opened the box and grinned taking out the silver and black Movado watch. "Wow"!
I smiled knowing that he loved it.
"This is not cheap", he stated.
"I love you. Turn it over", I replied.
He turned the watch over and looked a little choked up and read the inscription. "Until the end of time, Ian and Lyndsey".
"This is beautiful. I love you too, very much".
"Shall we go"? He asked as we both stood up.
I turned and said, "I'm going to use the ladies room then we can leave."
When I emerged from the bathroom I found Ian sitting back down at the table. "Ready"? I asked.
Ian stood up then suddenly knelt down before me holding a box with a gorgeous princess cut diamond ring.
I gasped and covered my mouth. I could feel the tears starting to surface in my eyes, but I didn't want to cry.
"Lyndsey Chandler, I have loved you since the first time I met you, I knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you and it would be such a great honor if you would be my wife".
There goes the damn tears. I cried and kissed him. "Yes, I would love to be your wife".
The patrons and staff at the restaurant all clapped and hollered congratulations as they witnessed this event.
Soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Montgomery.

That night ended with both of us at my house, we had a glass of wine then went upstairs and made love. We talked until we fell asleep in each others arms. I love Ian so much! I am the luckiest woman in the world.