The shrine

I pulled up outside of Mike's house around 7pm. I know he cares for my well being. It's only dinner. I can't even fathom being with him or anyone else at the moment. Ian was and always  will be special to me.
I climbed the stairs and rang the doorbell.
Mike appeared within seconds.
"Come in", he said.
It wasn't the first time I've been to his home. But it was different. It was very neatly laid out. Not what you would expect from a bachelor.
"Wow, it looks great in here", I said, while looking around for just something to be out of place.
He smiled and headed back to the kitchen. "Thanks".
It smelled good. Whatever it is that he's cooking.
"Would you like some wine"? He asked. But before I can answer he brought in a glass of white wine. Then headed back to the kitchen.
"Oh. Thank you".
"Mike you didn't have to go through all this trouble", I called.
"I told you I'm here for you, for anything". "No trouble at all"
I sipped the wine, which was delicious. Only one. Can't go home tipsy. I looked at the magazines that sat on the coffee table. Just browsing through when Mike called me over to eat.

I stood up with my wine and headed to the dining room. He had candles lit on the table and it was very romantic looking. I didn't want him to get the wrong idea but I also didn't want to embarrass him, so I stayed quiet.
He let me sit first and pushed my chair in for me, then he sat down.
"Smells good", I said.
"Tastes better", he winked at me.
Ok, that was a bit awkward.
Dinner was delicious. It was after 8pm and I wanted to get home to see Illiana to bed. So I stood. "Thank you for a wonderful meal. Can I use your bathroom before I go"?
"It's the second door upstairs".
I climbed the stairs and entered the bathroom, when I was done I washed my hands and turned off the light. Something caught my eye in the next room, the door was slightly open but I could swear that I saw, Me.

I inched my way towards the door and looked in through the slight opening.
My jaw dropped and I gasped silently. Looking toward the stairs I didn't see Mike coming so I opened the door more.
There in front of me was a Lyndsey shrine. There must be hundreds of pictures here. Some from Florida. He knew where I was! I also noticed the watch was on his dresser. Ian's watch.
This was all too much for me. Mike killed Ian? Why?
"So, Now you know", Mike said from behind me.
Startled, I quickly turned losing my balance and falling to the floor. I felt like I wanted to throw up. I've never been more scared in my whole life than this moment.