The Visit

Lyndsey took Illiana by the hand and walked her over to Ian's grave. Illiana had a white rose on her little hand and laid it down at his tombstone.
"Hi daddy. It's Illiana", she said. "Mommy told me you were here. Do you know why she named me Illiana? Because it's part of your name too".
Lyndsey tightened her grip on Iliana's hand and smiled.
Lyndsey bent down and touched his stone. "I'm home honey", she said as a tear fell own her cheek. "I still miss you Ian and wish you were here with us".
A rustling sound came from a nearby tree and it startled them. A man started to approach them.
Lyndsey stood up. "Mike"?
He smiled when he saw her. "Hi".
Lyndsey gave him a hug. Mike closed his eyes and smelled her hair as she hugged him.
"It's been a long time"! He exclaimed.
"Five years". Lyndsey said.  "This is Illiana. She's Ian's daughter". Another tear escaped her eye. 
Mike brushed the tear away. "No need to cry".
Lyndsey smiled shyly, "I miss him Mike".
"So do I". Mike replied. "So where have you been"? he added.
"I moved to Florida for a while. Illiana wanted to see her dad, so we all moved back"
"We all"? He questioned.
"Diane. Do you remember Ian's mom"?
"Oh yes, I do. Very sweet woman". Mike stated.
"Her husband passed last year. So she's living with us now". Lyndsey said grabbing a hold of Iliana's hand.
"Oh that's a shame"
"It was great to see you Mike, but I have to go now".
Mike gave Lyndsey a quick hug and kiss on the cheek. "Ok, but don't be a stranger"
He watched as Lyndsey left the cemetery with Illiana, who looks a lot like her father. He could still smell her Cherry Blossoms. It made him smile.

When they got home, Lyndsey changed into sweat shorts and a tank top so she can start painting Iliana's bedroom.
Illiana insisted on lilac. Her favorite color is purple, but she loves the light shades.
After painting and cleaning all afternoon Diane insisted on just ordering pizza for dinner.
At least Iliana's bedroom was finished. They opted for a large pepperoni pizza and curly fries. Sat in the living room and watched a movie,  Iliana's favorite movie,  Beauty and the Beast and ate dinner.

                              ***
Mr. Harris sat on his bed and gathered all the photos he had taken of Lyndsey in Jacksonville. There must have been a hundred photos.  He carefully arranged them on his bedroom wall near his bed, so he can look at her as he lay there at night.
"I've waited so long for you", he told her photos.  "How much longer do you want me to wait? Another thirteen years? If I must, but my god seeing you again, I can't. I won't"!
He just needed a plan. A surefire plan.