Announcement

I woke to the smell of coffee and eggs. I glanced at the clock. 7:06. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and made my way to the bathroom.  When finished I pounced down the stairs and into the kitchen to greet my fiancé....oh I love that word,  with a kiss good morning.

"Did you sleep well", he asked, handing me a cup of coffee.
"Like a baby". I took a sip of coffee. "I think you should move in here"
Ian turned to me smiling. "I was just thinking about that". He said.  "Your place is nicer than mine". He chuckled.
"It's called a woman's touch. But also,  being an interior designer helps".
"Well,  I will start calling Realtors to come and get started with my place". Ian stated.  "I just hope it doesn't take too long. I want to be with you here now".

I grabbed Ian and pulled him in for a hug.  I backed up and gazed into his beautiful green eyes, "Why wait"?
"This is going to be a busy week", he said. "but hopefully come the weekend I can move my stuff in".
I got more than excited. I was beaming. 
Ian glanced at his brand new watch. "It's 7:30", he sighed.  "I have to get to work, but tonight we will gather our friends and announce our engagement".
"We can order in Thai" I replied, almost salivating from the thought. 
"That works". He kissed me and left.
What was I going to do today?  I had no clients as of right now.  Being my own boss is great.  And working on commission  helps.  I am good at what I do. Although,  the bigger the house,  the bigger the pay. I always liked design,  since I can remember.  Maybe I should go get some things for tonight's gathering.  Ian would be at work until 4pm, and most likely get here by 5pm. Ugh!  The traffic! I keep telling him he should take the El, but he never does. I shake my head,  maybe one day he will finally listen. Ian works at Jefferson Hospital as a
Phlebotomist or as most people know,  the person who draws blood. So he is not on call like doctor's or nurse's. Thankfully he has a set schedule.  If we plan on having kids,  I'm sure they would want to have their Dad around. Oh wow! Kids?  I lightly bit my bottom lip. Of course we would want kids. 

The day passed quickly and before I knew it there was a knock at the door. It was already 6:30pm.
I opened the door and was greeted by my friend Kim and her boyfriend Alex, followed by Mike, Ian's best friend. "Hey everyone, come in". I extended my arm to let them by. 
Ian was in the kitchen getting the wine and food ready while I sat in the dining room chatting with our friends.  I made it a point to hide my ring finger so no one would see my ring, not just yet.  "Smells great", Mike called out.
"I ordered Thai. It's curry chicken  and mango rice and I ordered these  spring rolls that are to die for".  I stated. "Trust me,  you will like it".
With that said,  Ian came into the dining room with a tray of food, wine, plates, and silverware.
Everyone started digging in and I heard a lot of Mmm's. I'm pleased that it was a big hit.
Ian stood up and raised his glass,  "I have an announcement to make"
"Did you get fired"? Mike joked.
Ian smiled.  "Lyndsey and I are engaged"! I held up my hand for everyone to see the ring.
"Oh my god,  I'm so happy for you guys"! Kim exclaimed. I took a sip of wine and noticed that everyone seemed happy, except for Mike. I didn't think anything more of it,  maybe he was just down because all his friends were either married or getting married like Ian and I. 
That night after we ate, drank and said our goodbyes, Ian and I cleaned up.  He said that he was going to stay at my place again,  but he needed to go get clothes for tomorrow.  So he headed out.

I heard my phone ding in the living room.  I went to go check the message.
"Why"? Read the message,  but had no number attached. 
"I think you have the wrong person". I messaged back, thinking they would realize the mistake.
An instant reply came in. "No Lyndsey, I don't".
I couldn't wrap my head around who it could be and why what. So with that I replied,  "OK, so who is this and why what"?
"You know why"!
I decided not to answer back.  Seeing as though I don't know who it is.
Ian came in five minutes later with an overnight bag and toiletries. 
I didn't mention the text messages to him because I didn't want him to worry.  So I turned my phone off until the the morning.

"What are you doing Friday night", Ian asked.
"Kim invited me to go on a hayride,  but if you want, I don't have to go" I said. Ian can't go because he is allergic to the hay and breaks out in hives.
"Not at all, you should enjoy yourself,  just make sure when you get home to wash the clothes right away or I'll look like a puffer fish", Ian joked. "I'm going to hand out candy  at my house then I'll be over afterwards"
"I promise with all my heart", I crossed my heart.
"Oh, I forgot to tell you,  I have a Realtor coming tomorrow after work.  I don't know how long it will take so I'm going to stay at my house if that's Ok".
I couldn't be selfish. "That's not a problem. I will keep my fingers and toes crossed".
Another perfect night ended with us making love and falling asleep in each others arms.