Unexpected

Lyndsey woke up feeling sick to her stomach. She ran for the bathroom and vomited into the toilet. Had she caught a bug? She was only in Florida for three weeks. She took her temperature but it was normal.  She didn't feel flu sick or anything. She went to the kitchen to make some tea. 
"Morning Lyndsey", Diane said walking into the kitchen to make herself some coffee. 
"Morning" I said continuing with my tea. 
"You OK? You look drained" Diane said. She felt my forehead. 
"I already took my temperature. It's normal, but I did throw up this morning"
Diane's eyes widened. "When was your last period"
Thinking. I couldn't remember.
"Maybe you're pregnant", she said joyfully.
"Oh no. I can't. Not without Ian", I replied.  "It wouldn't be fair".
Diane took my hands and held them.  "Sweetie, if you are, maybe this is Ian's way of coming back to you".
With that I sat down and cried my eyes out.

Could I really be carrying his child?  That afternoon I decided to take a pregnancy test.  The box said to pee on the stick  and wait three minutes.  One line not pregnant and two lines pregnant. This was the longest three minutes of my life. When the timer went off I called Diane into the bathroom. 
"I can't look at it. Can you tell me what it says"? I asked.
Diane picked up the test and smiled.
"Oh sweetie, you're pregnant"
My mouth dropped open so wide I thought it hit the floor.  The butterflies in my stomach fluttered so hard I leaned over the toilet and threw up again.
Diane was there and held my hair out of the way while rubbing my back.
"You my dear are going to be a great mother", she said. "I'm sure Ian is looking down on us now and is happy".
When I was done, I flushed and washed my hands then rinsed my mouth out. 
"How do you tell a child that their father is dead"? I sobbed
"It won't be easy,  but William and I are here for you"

Diane had called obstetricians in the area so I can be seen. She insisted on taking me to my appointments. So on my first appointment I was examined  internally so they can find out how far along I was. The doctor told me I was almost six weeks pregnant. I thought back and I probably conceived the night Ian proposed to me. My due date was set for July 25th. 
I was going to be a mom. It was going to take some time to sink in. Especially now that Ian is gone. This is his child. He will always be a part of me. Like the inscription on his watch I have him. 'Until the end of time'.
Somehow I had to make this work. I had to be happy instead of sad and celebrate the rebirth of my love Ian. 
It wouldn't matter to me if it were a boy or a girl. It would be his.