Halloween Horror

The rest of the week went by smoothly.  The Realtor told Ian his house was in perfect condition for someone to move right in and if he's wanted,  he can up the asking price by letting whoever buys the house to keep all the furniture. He figured he didn't need extra furniture, so he added an extra ten thousand dollars for a total of one hundred eighty five thousand. In this neighborhood, that's not a bad asking price for a single two bedroom, one and a half bath house.
It's Friday, Halloween. Kids will be heading out trick or treating around 5pm. But of course nothing good happens until after the sun goes down. I made my way over to Ian's  on my way to Kim's house. 

"I just wanted to stop by before I get all itchy and full of hay".  I said, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a passionate kiss.
I better stop myself before i never make it out of the house. "We can pick this up later on tonight". 
"I love you tons", I said.  "I should be home around 10pm"
"I'll be waiting for you. Not patiently" he said slyly. "And soon to be Mrs. Montgomery, I love you tons more" I grinned at him and gave him a quick peck goodbye.
I headed to Kim's house which was in Society Hill. Very expensive neighborhood. We then headed to the hay ride which was around the grounds of Eastern State Penitentiary, and old asylum that had been converted to a haunted attraction.

Ian was at home working on his last bag of candy to give out.  After that he would head over to Lyndsey's house and wait for her to get home. Kids came and went. The bag was gone. It was almost 8:30pm. The door bell rang,  which is odd because kids were knocking.  Ian opened the door to come face to face with an adult in a creepy clown costume.
"Aren't you too old to trick or treat"? He joked.  "I'm out of candy anyway". Ian held up an empty candy bowl.
The creepy clown cocked his head,  "I'm not here for candy" he said as he pulled out a knife and plunged it into Ian's chest, causing the candy bowl to shatter on the porch. The man started pushing him inside the house shutting the door behind him.

I opened the door and called up to Ian, "Honey I'm home".
No answer.
Maybe he's sleeping.  I made my way to the washing machine carefully taking off my clothes and placing them inside.  I walked upstairs in my bra and panties hoping that would excite him when I woke him. I entered my bedroom and noticed Ian was not there.  Where is he?
I picked up my phone and dialed his number. It rang and rang until his voicemail picked up.  I left a message  asking where he was and to call me. I knew if he was running late I would need to shower to get the hay off.
I did just that.  The hot water felt good as it ran all over my body and hair. After drying off,  Ian was still not there and no return phone call.  I pulled on clean jeans and a sweater grabbed sneakers and my purse and headed over to his house.  He may have passed out after running out of candy. 
I turned onto his street and headed for the door, when something  strange caught my eye.  The empty candy bowl was shattered on the porch. The lights were off inside.  I took out my key and opened the door,  I searched for the light switch and lit up the living room. I dropped my bag, keys and body to the floor screaming as I saw the horror sprawled out in front of me. My whole world just ended. Ian was gone. 

I don't remember much until the police came and escorted me to an ambulance to have them check me. The police had taped off the house in crime scene ribbon. It looked like something  out of a horror movie. Blood was everywhere. I overheard the csi talking. Ian had been stabbed repeatedly.  They say he probably  died quickly which didn't ease my pain. Who would do such a thing?  And why Ian?  He had no enemies.  Why?
Why?
Those words were familiar. 
The texts. Why?  It couldn't possibly  be whoever sent them, could it? If so,  Who?