Florida

He realized that Lyndsey was staying with Ian's parents when he saw her come out of the condominium and head towards her car. He had to make sure she didn't see him.  So he pulled his hood up on his hoodie even in the sunny eighty five degree weather. She was like an angel. He followed her in his car to downtown Jacksonville.
How long has she been here and how long will she be here, he thought.
It was December and this warm weather was a break from the cold temperatures in Philadelphia. He could get used to this.
He sat in his car watching as she went in and out of little shops. He pulled  out his camera and started to take pictures of her.
"My god she's beautiful", he said to himself.
Did he want to go up to her and surprise her or just stay in the shadows? It was a tough decision to make, but he chose the latter.
His phone started to vibrate I'm his pocket, he looked at the caller ID and saw it was his boss.
"Hey Mitch, what's up "? He answered the call.
"Got a big job here, can you make it in Monday"? Mitch asked.  "I wouldn't ask just anyone, but the best", He added.
Ugh! Now this guy was kissing ass!
"Yeah, I can come in", he sighed.
Just when I found her.  Now this fucking shit!
He had just one day to hang out in Florida before heading back to Philadelphia so he can make it to work by Monday.
The rest of his time in Florida he stayed close, to be where Lyndsey was,  but far enough not to be seen.  Before hitting the road Saturday night, he stopped and grabbed a six pack of Budweiser for the road.

Driving up I95 was just about the best route to take in the middle of the night. It was like a ghost town. He popped open a beer and turned on some rock music.
In six hours he made it to Raleigh, North Carolina. Maybe he exceeded the speed limit a bit. He popped open his fourth beer. It was going on 6am shortly and there was soon to be traffic if he didn't get out of Raleigh  soon. He picked up speed slightly. Just as he was coming to an off ramp, he didn't see the car getting off and he slammed into the drivers backside causing the other car to slam into a high wall. A car that witness the accident pulled over and rushed to see if everyone was ok while dialing 911. No movement came from the other car that hit the wall. The hooded figure held his head from the wound he got hitting the steering wheel.
"The police are on their way", said the witness. "Stay calm".
The police arrived within five minutes. One officer walked up to his car and asked him if he were drinking, clearly seeing the beer cans in the car.
"Yes, I admit I was drinking, but I'm not drunk, I didn't see the car exiting the off ramp".
"Dennis,  we have a big problem here", called another officer.
The officer told him he'd be right back and walked toward his partner. What Officer Dennis saw was that the woman from the other vehicle was dead. Within two minutes officer Dennis came back and said,  "Sir, if you would please step out of the car".
He did what the officer had asked.
"You are under arrest", he said whiling cuffing him. He proceeded  to read him his Miranda Rights.