Chapter 6

Clarke

I knew that Lexa wanted me to radio her everyday. But we hadn't finalized the plans until yesterday. And we hadn't made sure that the radio was completely Pike-free until this morning. And the second it was working, I snatched the radio out of Raven's hands and ran to the other side of the room.

"Indra, it's Clarke. I have an update." I said, closing my eyes and holding my breath. I needed her to answer me in her usual harsh and monotone voice--the one that obviously showed her contempt for me. I needed her to tell me that everything in Polis was just fine.

"Who's this?" A boy's voice came over the radio. I was not expecting that.

"Where's Indra?" I asked. Why wasn't the radio with Indra...Oh no. If Indra was dead then...then maybe Lexa was too... I shook my head.

"Um, I'm not sure. I can go find her. Wait, I didn't catch who you said you were."

I rolled my eyes. "This is Clarke."

"Who?"

"The Sky People."

"Oh, right! I've heard about all of you. Causing quite a riot among the "grounders", as you call us."

I was getting impatient. I just wanted to talk to Lexa. "Yep, that's us. Now can you go find Indra, or better yet, Lexa?"

The boy paused. You could hear his fear through the radio.

"Yes. Yes I can do that."

"Great."

I waited for a moment, my heart beat quickening and adrenaline sweeping through my veins.

Lexa

She was okay. Or her mom was calling to say that Clarke had died, and soon everyone else would too.

"Did you tell her about my wound?" I questioned Thrandr.

"No, Heda." He said, handing the radio to me. He turned and fled out of the room. I was still uncertain of how to use it, but I watched closely when Clarke had tried to contact Kane after my people had been slaughtered. And then Indra impatiently showed me, although I knew she barely understood how to use this thing either.

I quickly pressed the button I thought I was supposed to. 

"Clarke?"

"Lexa?" Her beautiful, innocent voice came over. I closed my eyes and smiled. All the anxiety and fear washed off.

"I was so worried." I whispered.

"I know. I'm sorry. We just had to make sure we could communicate safely. And we had to finalize the plan."

"Plan?" I was surprised they already figured out a way to fix the situation.

Clarke

I had told her the plan. And now everybody was looking at me with expecting eyes. I didn't want to do this, especially with everyone watching.

"There is something..."

"Yes?" Her unsuspecting voice asked over the radio. I shook my head and took a breath, still in doubt that I had let everyone convince me to ask her.

"We need you to tell your warriors to let Octavia and Lincoln pass."

"Clarke...," she sighed.

"I know, I know. But this is our only option."

Lexa

I sighed. I wanted to give her this. I would lend her my thousands of men if it meant that she would be safe. But everyone would know of my involvement. And my people would no longer just disapprove of my decisions. They would be angry. Having Pike was not enough. They wanted all the Sky People dead.

I shook my head to myself. This could put me in a considerable amount of danger, but Clarke even more so. If I was killed because of my decisions with the Sky People, there would be nothing stopping my people from attacking Arkadia.

"Clarke..."

"I wouldn't be asking if it wasn't important. You know that, Lexa. And believe me, I wish I didn't have to. But everything we think of involves you or your people in some way."

I closed my eyes. I could tell her that I was not concerned about myself, that I was concerned about her. I could tell her that this would not end up well. But she would never listen.

She needed this, though. She was asking me for this. She hadn't asked for anything from me. And after Mount Weather, this was the least I could do.

So against my better judgement, I agreed.

"Okay." I murmured.

"Okay?" Clarke asked, relieved.

"Yes. I will notify my generals. But if my warriors show to be a threat, Octavia and Lincoln will need to find a different way to not get caught, for the sake of their lives."

"Okay. I understand." Clarke said. "Thank you, Lexa. You've given us more chances than we deserve."

I nodded and then realized that she couldn't hear that. I'm giving them more chances than they deserve because of Clarke. Not only because Clarke is one of them, but she's shown me many things, forgiveness and second chances included.

Clarke

"Of course." Lexa whispered. That was directed toward me. If anybody else had asked this of her, she would've acted as if it were a burden. She might've even said no. But not with me. And I hated it, because it made me feel like I was using her. I wasn't trying to exploit how she felt about me, but I think half of the time my people's lives relied on the way Lexa felt about me. "Clarke, could we talk privately?"

My eyes widened. I looked around at everyone, and the looks that were plastered on their faces. Raven was smirking. Octavia was smiling encouragingly. Kane was smiling as well, but he looked a little shocked. And my mom. She just looked disappointed.

"Yes." I said into the walkie, I slipped into the adjacent room--my room. "Okay. Go ahead."

Lexa

"I wanted to tell you something because I know you would be angry if I don't." I said, closing my eyes. I didn't want her to overreact and try to come back to Polis to fix me. But I thought she should know, in case something did go wrong. Something that my healers couldn't fix.

"Go on." Clarke seemed worried.

"I was training with the Natblidas. Aden and I were fighting and my mind was...elsewhere." I said, not wanting to admit I was worrying about Clarke. "Aden overtook me, and I fell. I actually don't know if that was what caused it, it could've been from riding and it just hadn't gone through until later-"

"Lexa." Clarke said, trying to get me to reach the point of what I was saying.

"My stitches opened. The bleeding was minimal, and my healer sewed me back up. I will be cautious for the next day or so, as she told me to. There's nothing to be worried about. I feel fine, it looks fine."

There was nothing on the other end.

"Clarke?"

Silence.

"Clarke?"
---------------------------------------
A/N:

Please comment/vote! I'd really like to know what you guys think! If you have any suggestions, I'll try and work them in! Anything is appreciated!

Thanks for reading!