Chapter 23

Clarke

I walked back to Lexa's room thinking about mine and Lexa's interaction. She tried to hide it, but it was evident she was scared. I had thought that she was solely concerned for me and my safety, but I guess I was wrong.

When I opened the door, I was met with warm, enthusiastic brown eyes. Raven was lounging on the couch, reading one of the books Lexa got me. She had one of the Arkadia blankets draped over her lap. I rolled my eyes. Great. Raven got to my gifts before I did.

She looked up at me when I entered. "Hey, Clarke."

"Raven, what are you doing in here?"

"Oh, just some light reading." Raven said, continuing to skim the page. She licked her finger and flipped the page.

"Why are you in the Commander's room?"

"Well, it seems as if it's your room, now." Raven said, glancing at the pile of art supplies on the table. "And you can call her Lexa in front of me, Clarke. I don't mind."

I shook my head incredulously.

"So, have a good night?" Raven asked, smirking. I followed her eyes to Lexa's bed, where there were some of our clothes strewn about.

I growled and walked over, picking them up. I had no idea what Lexa did with "laundry", so I put them back in her closet. At least they were away from prying eyes.

When I walked back out, I snatched the book from Raven and put it back in the bookcase and ripped the blanket off of her. She curled up in a ball and squealed.

"C'mon, Clarke. I'm cold." Raven complained.

"Then go back in your room and use your own blankets." I said, folding the blanket and tossing it on top of the couch.

"But see...I don't have any of these fancy Arkadia blankets that Lexa so adorably brought you. Instead, I have animal remains." Raven said, glancing over at the furs on Lexa's bed.

I rolled my eyes. "They're clean."

"Still." Raven grumbled.

"I...I just don't know if Lexa would be comfortable with you in here."

"She's fine with it." Raven said, standing up and moving back to the bookcase.

"What?"

"Yeah, she told her guards that Octavia, Lincoln and I could come chill in here. And then she told them that if you tried to kick us out to not let us leave." Raven said, sliding out another book.

I sighed with frustration. That did seem like Lexa.

"So. What do you want to do?" Raven asked, flipping through the book. I crossed my arms and thought.

"Blow out every candle on this floor." I said with a mischievous smile.

Raven snapped the book closed and looked up at me devilishly. "Yes."

She slid the book back into the case and grabbed the blanket, wrapping it around her like a cape and tucking it into her shirt so it would stay.

"Let's do this."

Raven and I scrambled around the room, blowing out every candle as quickly as we could. Raven had the idea to count exactly how many candles Lexa actually had. Eventually, the room was filled with sunlight only. We smiled triumphantly and high-fived.

We hurried out of the room in a fit of giggles and began with candles right outside the hallway. We hadn't even gotten out of the hallway and we had already blown out sixty-three.