Chapter 54

A/N: This is the last chapter until my second book! Enjoy!

Clarke

Bellamy rode out to the fields with me a month after Lexa left. These lands were recently gifted to us by her, and they were more than enough to farm any crops. He dismounted on the hill above the valley and sat on the ground, crossing his legs. The snow had cleared, but the ground was still thawing. Dry, brittle grass remained. He looked up at me as I plopped down next to him and crossed my legs Indian style.

"Any word from O?"

He asked, squinting at the sun peeking out from the hill across us. Raven had given a radio to Octavia before she left, in addition to Lexa's.

I shook my head. "Not since last week."

He nodded disappointedly. Octavia had postponed the wedding for Lexa and I, reasoning us not being together was "ruining the sanctity of marriage". Despite my protests, she refused to get married until we were reunited. In each conversation, she never once mentioned Lexa and I was thankful for it, in a way. I didn't want to know what she was doing. I didn't want to worry.

"How's Raven?"

I glanced at him skeptically, picking at the grass in front of me.

"What do you mean? Don't you see her every day?"

He shook his head. "Not lately."

"Why not?"

He paused. "I guess I'm trying to avoid her."

"Why?"

He hesitated and stared at the ground. As much as I mentally tried to get him to meet my gaze, he refused to.

"I kissed her." He finally admitted.

"I don't understand. Why would you be trying to avoid her?"

"Because it didn't feel right." He mumbled.

I relaxed and waited for him to continue.

"It did, because it was her...but it wouldn't have felt right with anybody."

"Because of Gina."

He nodded.

"When Lexa first kissed me I said I wasn't ready because...it didn't feel right. I had a connection with Lexa and if it was going to be anybody, it was going to be her. But I wasn't ready for anyone so soon after Finn died."

He finally looked over at me. "I didn't know that."

I laughed. "Why would you? I'm not one to share things."

He sat up. "To be fair, Lexa kissed you, what? A week after Finn died? It's been six months since Gina died."

"Everyone's different, Bell."

He took a deep breath.

"I think it's time for you to move on and be happy, but if you're not ready, then you need to tell Raven. That girl's been through enough."

"I know." He accepted.

"But something tells me that you are." I said, smiling cheekily over at him. He blushed uncontrollably and I realized I had never seen him blush.

"We should be heading back." He said, standing up and dusting off his pants. He offered me his hand, and he pulled me up. We mounted on our horses and kicked them into a steady walk.

"For the record, I think you two are great for each other." I said.

He smiled. "I'm glad I have your approval, princess."