Chapter 51

Lexa

I watched as the natblidas hugged Clarke goodbye. Wyan and Talie held on for a while.

"Keep an eye on her." Clarke whispered to Talie.

Talie nodded. "I will." She smiled one last time before leading the natblidas away to the horses. Talie's eyes met mine and she looked at me with sympathy. Clarke watched them go, and her eyes trailed over to mine.

"Lexa!" Raven called. She walked over hurriedly and wrapped her arms around me. I settled into her and closed my eyes. She pulled away first and I situated myself. "I can't believe Clarke's kicking you out."

I shook my head. "It's not like that."

Raven nodded and tucked a loose hair behind her ear.

"So you're staying." I clarified. She sighed.

"Yeah. I'm sorry."

"No. I understand."

"But as soon as Clarke's coming back, so am I." Raven reassured me. I smiled sadly.

"That's good to hear. I'll be expecting you." I said with a smirk. Octavia and Lincoln walked up behind her. Lincoln nodded to me and Octavia reached up to hug me as Raven had.

"You're staying, as well." I guessed. Lincoln was just about to nod but Octavia spoke.

"No. We're coming with you."

"O—" Raven started. Clarke walked over to see what the commotion was.

"C'mon. We like Polis better." Octavia reasoned. I watched her questioningly.

"Please do not make the decision on my account." I said. I didn't want her to pity me just because she thought I'd be lonely without her, Raven or Clarke in Polis. But I had the natblidas. I had Indra. I had Luna. I realized that wasn't the most substantial list, but it was a list nonetheless.

"I'm not." Octavia said. "You'll come, won't you?" She asked Lincoln. He glanced at me and nodded.

"Of course."

I smiled. Clarke glanced at me nervously. It was if her friends were picking sides, and I'd rather they picked hers if it made her happy. But I couldn't and wasn't going to try and change Octavia's mind.

"C'mon. We should probably go get our things." Octavia said. Lincoln followed.

"Speaking of, I'll have yours sent back." I said to Raven and Clarke.

Clarke shook her head. "No. I have enough here and those things belong in Polis. So they'll already be there when I return."

I smiled through the heartbreak and sadness and nodded. Raven nodded.

"Same for me."Raven glanced between Clarke and I and took a step back, wringing her hands together. "I'm gonna go...help them."

We watched as she followed behind Octavia and Lincoln. Once she was out of sight, we had no choice but to look at each other.

"I know this isn't what you want—" Clarke said.

"But it's for the best, I know." I said. Clarke nodded.

"Give the natblidas a kiss on the forehead every night for me, okay?" She asked.

"You didn't do that before." I argued. "Why would I do it now?"

She swallowed and breathed a frustrated sigh, her nostrils flaring. "Fine. Don't do it." She paused. "I get it. You're not happy...but I don't want to hurt you. I still love you."