Chapter 38

Lexa

When Clarke appeared at the base of the tower, full of light and happiness, I hadn't expected to see Raven sneak out behind her. She had abandoned her Skaikru clothing for the Trikru style, and it suited her well. Charcoal black war paint stained the area around her eyes, making her brown eyes seem less warm and more menacing. The Nightbloods stared at the girl too, although they probably held more admiration for the girl now while I was still in surprised shock.

Raven walked over with a pleasant smile on her face. She seemed to be comfortable in her new attire. "Hey, Lexa."

I nodded. "Raven."

Raven turned and glanced at Clarke to make sure she wasn't watching. Looking over, I saw that Clarke was talking happily with the Natblidas with an illuminating smile. Raven turned back to me and leaned in.

"I'm sorry about the thing I told you to say to Clarke." Raven whispered. I felt my cheeks grow warm at the humiliating memory.

I glanced down at Raven. "It is alright. Things still ended well for both of us."

Raven smirked and pulled away. "So you got laid, huh?"

My brows furrowed in confusion. Yes, I laid. I laid in my bed with Clarke all morning.

"You did it." Raven tried to clarify.

"It?"

Raven sighed in frustration and I was suddenly filled with an uncomfortable sensation. She was treating me as an unknowing fool, and I didn't appreciate it. I glared at her and she tensed when she brought her eyes around to look at me.

"Sorry....," she paused. "How about this? Why don't I give you another one to try."

"I don't know." I said. The last one hadn't been very successful. Thankfully, Clarke's unconditional love for me still got me "laid".

"I promise, she'll like this one. It'll be so nice that it'll be obvious that it came from you, not me."

I sighed. "Okay. But I cannot guarantee that I will tell it."

"Fair enough." She said. She leaned over and whispered the line in my ear. I smiled and the brunette pulled away. Clarke looked up at us and, sensing that something was the matter, walked over.

"What are you ladies talking about?" Clarke asked pressingly.

I glanced to Raven nervously. "She was just apologizing for telling me such an awful...joke."

"It's called a pick-up line." Raven whispered. I nodded subtly.

Clarke smiled. "Thank you, Raven, for apologizing."

Raven smiled. "Sure."

I looked at the two girls and glanced at the Nightbloods. They stirred, eager to get out and train after the past few days.

"We should be leaving." I said. Clarke and Raven nodded. Together, we mounted on our horses. Disappointingly, Clarke got on her own horse between Raven and I.

"So Raven will be training with us?" I asked quietly to clarify, although really, I was desperately searching for something to start a conversation with her.

Clarke's body jostled with the horse as they trodded up the hill. She glanced over at me apologetically.

"Yes." She said. "I'm sorry. I should've asked. I'm already burdening enough."

I shook my head. Clarke was never a burden. "I think that it would be wise for her to know some basic skills. And as for you—training you is more for my peace of mind than it is for yours."