Chapter 45

Lexa

"Lexa, it's been six hours. You must be exhausted. Get some sleep." Octavia said from behind me. Lincoln was standing with her.

"No." I said, continuing to stare at Clarke, hoping that the intensity of my gaze would wake her up. Hoping that she'd give a sign that she was here or waking, and that I wouldn't miss it.

"We'll stay here. Just go get some food and some rest. The second anything happens one of us will come and get you." Octavia said.

"Not Abby? Not Raven?" I asked. Abby would be concerned for her daughter, and would know how to care for her after she woke. Raven would, too.

"You love her the most." Octavia said. I appreciated her efforts, but nothing could beat a mother's love.

I looked to Clarke, and realized I couldn't ignore the grumbling in my stomach. She would want me to take care of myself. I squeezed her hand before standing. Octavia smiled and took my place and Lincoln laid back on the other bed. I walked out, taking one last look at my sleeping beauty before leaving.

Bellamy was outside to my surprise, leaning against the wall. He met my eyes and walked forward.

"I'm glad you're okay." He said. I glanced at him doubtfully.

"You and I both wish it was Clarke and not me standing here." I said honestly. He glanced down, trying not to reveal that I was right.

"She's okay, though." He said.

"She's unharmed, but she's not awake. I can't hear her voice, look into her eyes..." I trailed off. Bellamy swallowed. I bet he wished he could talk about her like that, and I scolded myself for insensitively doing so.

"Octavia entrusted me with getting you fed. May I have the honor?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded, beginning to walk with him following. He looked at me curiously.

"What is it?"

He shook his head."I've never heard you laugh before."

"It is usually only reserved for Clarke, but with time I have come to let others hear it." I said. "Raven, Octavia, my natblidas. Now you, I suppose."

He smiled. "Thank you."

I nodded. He led me toward their own dining hall, where I saw Raven, Monty, Jasper and a few other of Clarke's friends taking. Raven's eyes fell when she saw me. Bellamy left to grab us food when we reached the table.

"What is wrong, Raven?" I asked her, sliding onto the bench.

She looked up at me guiltily. "I let her come. You didn't want her to. I should've listened, and I'm sorry."

I took a deep breath. "Clarke would've found a way. She is headstrong. I don't blame you."

Raven smiled sadly. "I'm really happy that you're okay, though."

"Thank you for being there. We could not have done it without you." I said.

Raven nodded. "I promised I would be."

"Although, the form you decided to take was disturbing." I responded.

She shrugged and smiled. "That was the best way I could think of."