Chapter 12

Laughing.

Laughing was what caught my attention.

I pulled the bucket off my head, walking farther into the room and looked behind the door. On a stool stood no other than my little partner in crime, Ethan. He was laughing his ass off; holding his stomach.

He had blonde hair and green eyes. He was in a blue shirt and black shorts.

Ethan was one of the maids' son; the one that fought me in the closet to be exact. Before you jump to any conclusions, he was not my kid.

His mother just like green-eyed, sexy men. Plus I was in my early twenties and she was mid-thirties, so we couldn't have made Ethan when I met her mere months ago.

Ethan was a dashing boy at ten, a mama's boy and with a little help could become like me... A lady's man, sex god and a total tease.

I glared at him and he gave me a sheepish smile. "Six!"

He laughed as I grabbed him and placed him on the wooden floor.

"What the hell?!" I yelled gesturing to myself.

"You fell for it! I can't believe it!" he laughed. "The student surpasses the teacher!"

"What the hell do you think this is? Lion king? Surpass my ass!" I grimaced; I couldn't believe he pranked me. I was the one teaching his sorry ass to pull these off and he caught me. Maybe I'm losing my touch.

I ran my hand through my hair and frowned when the strands stuck to my hand.

"I'm gonna kill you!" I yelled.

"Calm down! You sound like my sister when she's on her ketchup!"

His laughter soon died down and he looked at me with his puppy eyes. "I'm sorry, Troy."

That kid always played that card. With his green eyes glossy, widened and his little lips pouted; he could disarm an army.

He looked so innocent and vulnerable. I had my moments when I fell for it but being his teacher kind of made me immune to it. I scowled and he pushed his puppy eyes farther. It looked like he was straining to keep it up.

"Drop it Ethan," I said sternly and he obeyed. "Clean this up and... Guess what? You are in debt to me for the day. Isn't that fun?"

His mouth fell agape.

"That's not fair!" he stomped on the floor. "I didn't know it was you!"

"Too bad..." I said grinning from ear to ear.

He puffed and glared at me crossing his arms over his chest; pouting his lips.

"Don't give me that look; you should be thanking me. We'll be accompanied by Nicalus' fiancée and I'll be teaching you the art of fishing," he cast me a 'what the hell' look. "Yes, wielding in a catch and... Nicky's fish? Let's just say she's thick, juicy and one sexy mother -!"

Wham.

I cursed as a broomstick collided with my head. I grabbed the area, spinning around.

Wham!

I grabbed my forehead and cursed again. "What the f-"

Wham!

"Stop hitting me-!" I looked into the angry face of Thelma - the crazy maid I hit and ditched. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Her brown eyes pierced mine - if looks could kill I'll be six feet under by now. She was in a blue square neck dress with sleeves; it was plain in design and had a white apron over it. Her dirty blonde hair was in a high ponytail and she held her trusty weapon in a deadly grip.