Chapter 23

Okay, time to get some work done, I drilled myself as I fought sleep.

It was six in the morning approximately two hours since Felicia left my cabin. I had tried going back to sleep I dosed off a few minutes after she left a matter of fact but my stupid alarm woke me up early.

I had planned early this morning to scan through Nicalus' information and I had forgotten about the alarm. The moaning rung in my eardrums waking me from a dreamless sleep. Yes, my alarm was women moaning, it woke up both my heads and got my day started right but just not today. Today, it annoyed the fuck out of me.

I sat on my bed trying to focus on the laptop screen in front of me only to find my eyes getting heavy and closing involuntarily.

I scanned through the files off Niclaus' computer with sleepy eyes. Most of them were tests and formulas of failed attempts at the cure.

The drug Felicia found hadn't popped up as yet but I was keeping a half-closed eye out. It had to be somewhere; it wasn't a known drug and more than likely Nicalus created it himself but for what purpose? And why give it to his fiancée?

Date: 06.07.30

Drug to be tested: Merophine.

Observation:

The drug dissolved into the blood sample collected from an infected person. It was later overpowered by the virus and expelled from the sample as a clear discharge.

The drug lasted a minute longer than the last drug tested. The drug's resistance to the virus is increasing but it lacks the force to break down the virus.

The theory has been reached that the attention must be equally on the resistance and destructive force of the drug.

R= D

V

R- The resistance force

D- Destructive force

V- Virus sample (opposing force)

The resistance must be inversely proportional to the virus's 'breaking down' force...

The files continued along the lines of failed experiments, new drugs, resistance force increasing and taking from the destructive force of the drug causing the virus to 'excrete' the drug before it can destroy it.

To sum it up a whole lot of geeky crap and it was getting to my head. This my friends was why I never went to any chemistry classes in school it gave me a migraine.

I pushed off the bed and walked to my bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth before walking to the small kitchen and raiding my half-empty fridge.

Cinnamon rolls, bacon and coffee. Sounds like a plan.

Moving with the stealth of a cheetah, I fried the bacon after placing the rolls in the microwave and setting on the coffee machine.

After placing the bacon strips on the plate my phone rang out. I groaned at the ringtone that played. I can't get a break.

"Hey Cupcake," I said as I answered my phone.

"Hey Troy," she said with a hint of cheerfulness in her voice. "What's up? Am I calling you at an inappropriate time? Were you aslee–"

"No I was up," and that held a double meaning. "What can I do for you Cupcake?"

She sighed on the other end and I walked over to the microwave taking out the cinnamon rolls.

"I was going for an early morning stroll and picnic near the stream on the estate and I was wondering if you'd like to join me?"