Chapter 18

I sat on the bed yawning as I stared at the laptop in front of me.

It was three-thirty in the morning and I had just returned home from the main house. I was reluctant at first to leave Dyan alone but seeing her sleeping so peacefully assured me that she'd be okay.

I entered the system and plugged in the flash drive that held the information I got from Ally. Minutes later a window popped up with the information and I scroll through reading. There were different records, letters and information stored on it, all thanks to Ally.

I scrolled through paying close attention to each article.

Dyan Winchester

Born: 07/24/2021

Parents: Allison Rose and Tyler Winchester.

Dyan Ryder formally known as Dyan Winchester was born in New Orleans, USA.

On May 21st 2025 she was found on the doorsteps of the clinic in which she was born saying that she was lost and had no memory. The nurse that delivered her identified the young child, she called the authorities and explained the situation. The mother's name and address were given and the police investigated. Later on, it was announced that the mother was found dead in her apartment building.

After that discovery, the young child was placed into a foster home. Her father had refused to take in the child into his family of four, which included his wife, his two sons, and himself. He claimed that Allison's bastard child was not welcomed. Due to sickness and depressing behavior in each home the child was moved around frequently until the famous Ryder family found her and took her as their own.

After the adoption, Dyan Ryder was rarely seen with the Ryder family. Michelle Ryder, her adopted mother said it was because of her sickness why she was rarely brought to gatherings when she was asked about the presence of her adoptive daughter. When asked about this sickness she refused to tell and dismissed the question.

Years later Dyan was seen at her eighteenth birthday ball amongst her family for the first time. The paparazzi crowded the ball taking notes on her dress, hair, appearance and behaviour. It had been the first time in fourteen years the mysterious daughter was seen. It was said that she was seen conversing with Nicalus Albertstein, her senior by fifteen years.

She was soon offered a job as his secretary and they were seen on a date or two. The end of that love story that was brewing was never found as they were steering clear of the media for the years follow but rumours are circulating that they might be engaged.

I sighed as I read over the article, it was the first of many but it was informative. I felt sympathy for Dyan, being dubbed a Bastard child by her father, finding out her mother was dead and being moved from foster home to foster home.

...but some things didn't add up. Dyan said earlier this morning that she remembered her mother, the life they lived but yet according to the article when she was found she had no memory.

I pulled up another and was greeted by a record. It said that after her adoption in New Orleans Dyan was flown to England with the Ryder family.

Explains the accent.

Next was a report that was required of the Ryder family to send to the adoption service to ensure Dyan was well. What surprised me was that each report said she was sound of mind and body between the time when Michelle Ryder was asked about her absence and she replied she was sick. Yet, the reports said she was fine.

Paying attention to the physician named on each of the reports, I noticed they had the same person on it. Thomas Richards.

Logging into the agency's system I typed in his name and his file popped up. Reading over his file there was something that caught my eyes.