Chapter 21

Salsa. Who knew it was such stress?

I wasn't even at the class yet and my head was overloaded with information. Why? Dyan was the kind of person who researched any activity she took part in to ensure she knew a little about it. Therefore, because of that, I found myself around her laptop in the kitchen reading up on the history of salsa while she paced around behind me looking for her flats.

She had a pair of heels on the ground beside the counter but she claimed she didn't want to put them on as yet.

She went into this long ass speech about how hazardous they are to her feet when I asked why and to be honest I dozed off like a few words into it. Her voice was beautiful yes but whenever girls started to talk about shoes, I dozed off. It was boring.

Because of that, I ended up getting a few hits upside my head each time I fell asleep and she took pleasure in administering the blows.

"Are you sure I didn't leave them in here when I went out to the pool?" Dyan asked as she glanced over the room once more.

"Pretty sure," I replied dismissively. "Check at the front door."

I scrolled through the page reading through but not retaining anything I read. I was one hundred percent sure the teacher wasn't going to talk about these things.

"Good idea," she said as she snapped her finger and walked out of the room.

I swiftly minimize the window I was on and opened her library. I entered documents but found it empty. I searched the other folders but came up empty-handed nothing related to Nicalus.

I hadn't had the chance to read the files from Nicalus' computer as yet. I had planned to do it tonight but I had to accompany Dyan to her class.

Her feet tapping on the floor as she walked towards me caught my attention and speedily I closed that window returning to the one I was originally on.

"They're not there," she informed with a frown.

"Then where could they be?" I asked pretending to care. I needed her out of the room, there were a few things I needed to search for. "Why don't you double-check your room?"

She nodded and dismissed herself as she exited the room climbing the stairs.

I returned to my search and after looking through her recycle bin finding nothing I entered her photos. I flicked through her photos looking for anything relating to my mission.

There were mostly pictures of her at different places, one was at a café drinking coffee with a smile on her face, Dyan staring at something in the distance. The others were party pics and a few work pictures. I smiled at her pictures, she was stunning.

Surprisingly there weren't any with Nicalus. Shocker.

I clicked the arrow to skip to the next picture and froze.

In this one Dyan had a small smile on her face, she looked like she was at some restaurant having dinner – I could make it out by the occupied tables in the background and the waiter serving a table behind her. She was in a black sleeveless dress with a ruffled bust. Silver icicle-like earrings adorned her ears and a matching silver necklace laid around her neck. Her eyes shone brightly and the light from the bulbs in the restaurant shone on her baldhead highlighting its curve.

She was bald.

"Holy mother of gravy."

I jumped as I whipped my head around to come face to face with Felicia. My heartbeat settled a little after noticing it was only her but I mentally shunned myself from not noticing her approach.

"You scared the hell out of me, woman!" I said as I glared at her.

"I can see that but you deserve it for not noticing my presence sooner," her eyes drifted to the photo behind me and raised a brow. "She was bald?"

"Looks that way," I said as I regarded the picture.

"I wonder why," she murmured. "She looked about seventeen in this picture, what means would she have for shaving her hair off and it's not like it's in style."

I shrugged looking over to the picture. "I don't know."

"Troy! I found them!" I heard Dyan yell as she worked her way down the stairs.

I rushed over to her computer closing the other windows I opened and turned to watch as she stepped into the room.

Her hair was up in a bun, red knob earrings adorned her ears, her lips were cherry red and she was in a red dress. It was fitted at the torso and frilly at the waist down. There were a few swirly designs on it and gems.

I smiled at her as she walked up to me.

"Hi um– Carmen, I think. Please don't tell me I got the name wrong," she said as she greeted Felicia.

"You're correct, Ms. Ryder," Felicia smiled at her before bowing. "Well, I will be retiring now. I just came for a drink. Goodbye Troy, Ms. Ryder."

"Dyan is fine and goodnight," she replied.

I nodded at Felicia as she exited the room. I turned to Dyan who stood beside me with her lips pursed. "Are you ready now, Cupcake?"

"Yeah, I'm ready," she said bluntly as she bent to take up her heels – me staring at her ass– and exited the room.

"Let's get going," she yelled from the hall.

I closed down her laptop and exited the room following her. I climbed into the Audi in the driver's seat and Dyan sat beside me in the passenger seat.

My phone pinged and I took it out of the back pocket of my black dress pants, which I wore with a black and white top.

Felly:

Have fun dancing tonight. Don't do anything I wouldn't do 'during a mission'.

I'll scout out a few rooms in the mansion and see what I can find. Dyan's being number one and Nicalus'.

Keep her busy but not that busy and show her a good time. Not that type of good time though.

Don't screw this up.

Your sweet, sexy and incredibly smart sister.😏😜💗

I shook my head at her text and placed my phone back in my pocket.

"Can we get going? I don't want to be late."

I nodded at Dyan as I started the car and pulled out the driveway and turning the corner around the huge Christmas tree lighting up the driveway.

I pulled up to the gate punched in the code and the gates opened allowing us to drive out closing behind us.

"Are you excited about this class?" I asked trying to spark up a conversation.

"Yeah sure," she mumbled as she tapped angrily at her phone screen with a groan.

I glanced over at the screen to see a conversation with the name Nicalus. Not even a honey, hubby, King nor babe just Nicalus.

After a few minutes, she threw her phone onto the backseat with a huff as she ground her teeth.

I tightened my hand on the steering wheel with a groan. This was going to be a long night.