Wolf Blood: Mate?

Luka rolled over and looked at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Mate? What's that?" She questioned in a weak voice.

"What do you mean?" I tilted my head a little. How does she not know that we're mates? Does she not feel it? Am I delusional? Well yes, but that's not the point.

"What does 'mate' mean?"

"Your pack didn't tell you?"

She whimpered at my question and I quietly growled.

"You okay?" I whispered.

"My old pack tortured me, they didn't tell me much of anything. Anything useful at least." She looked down at the sheets, fiddling with the pillowcase that hugged one of the pillows loosely.

My nails and k9's elongated at the reply I got.

"Will you hit me?" Luka mumbled as she briefly glanced up at me.

My wolf cried in pain, and I think she heard it too. "I will never hurt you, and I never could hurt you even if my life depended on it." I nearly cried right then and there. The fact that she felt the need to ask that question... the fact that she thought it was a possibility that I would...

I hug mate. I wants mate.

'Not yet, she's still scared.'

But-

'No'

"So what is a mate?" She asked looking up at me, a tear slipped from the corner of her eye and my heart broke. I want nothing more right now than to have the chance to go wipe her tears away.

"Have you talked to your wolf recently?" I asked in a soft tone as I quietly pulled a chair over to the side of the bed and sat in it.

"No she left me after they started to hurt me badly." Luka's voice cracked.

"She came back though, is she back in you yet? Like can you hear her? She's back because you shifted recently, willingly or not."

"I don't know." She answered in a whisper.

"Try to listen to her." When I told her it was more of a beg than anything. She needs to always be connected to her wolf.

She closed her eyes and I saw her smile a little.

Mate smiled.

'Yeah'

"Why is she saying mate over and over again?"

"We're mates."

"What does that mean?"

"When wolves are born, their are assigned to another wolf as their mate. We're designed for each other. It is the other half of them, you're wolf tells you when you found them."

"Okay so what does that mean?"

"It means that we were assigned to each other. You're my other half."

"Okay? So what do I do?"

"Ask your wolf."

Mates wolf is HOT.

'Pervert'

"My wolf is being umm, very inappropriate." She responded while blushing and avoided eye contact out of embarrassment.

"Don't worry, mine is too." I lightly chuckled in attempt to make her feel a little more comfortable.

"So you're basically my, like my other half. My soul mate." Her voice was full of curiosity.