Wolf Blood: Pups

*Kaylyn is the white pup and Kato is the auburn pup*

POV: Kate

Luka made me carry her home, and then go back to get the pups once they were released from the hospital. They may be newborn, but they have no problem biting me without teeth even with their eyes closed.

But it's been two weeks and they're already trying to howl... at one in the morning... and three in the morning... and at every other time in the morning....

"Kate, can you play with the pups please. They want out of the pen." Luka begged from the bed as soon as I walked in our after getting her food.

"Yes, but you need to eat." I replied as I walked over to the bed with the big ass platter of food.

The pups perked up when they smelled the food.

"You two are not big enough for big pup food." I chuckled and Luka giggled.

"I bet you they'd like you more if you went and got them some eggs."

"They aren't old enough for hard food, or food in general. Only milk."

"I don't feel like shifting right now to feed them though..." She gave me a puppy face and I sighed.

"You know I cannot say no to that face." I groaned.

"I know, it's why I'm using it." She smiled at me as she finished her eggs.

"Babe... did you even taste those or did you just inhale them?"

"Both." She shrugged while digging into her pancakes.

The pups started to whine and I groaned. I stayed up with them till four in the morning last night.

I walked over to them and picked them up out of their pen. They were still the same size they were when they were born, but they're gaining strength. Not enough to roughhouse thankfully, but definitely enough to try to bite me whenever they're given the chance, but when Luka holds them they're angels.

"Kaylyn, please don't bite me again." I sighed as I pulled her to my chest after putting Kato on the ground so he can crawl around. He tries to stand up, but he just falls over, so he just pushes himself around on the floor while Kaylyn just watches him like he's stupid.

Their colors show up every now and then, but mainly when they're pissy with me.

"Kaylyn, bite her." Luka laughed from the bed.

"Hey! I'm trying to get on their good side so they won't kill me when they're older."

"You will always be more powerful than them until you die. Do you read anything from the damn library?"

"Yes! I know that they'll be able to shift into human form when they're about six months old."

Kaylyn started to nibble on my hand and play growled a little, so I went along with it.

"You should shift so they can crawl all over you and pull on their ears like they do to me." Luka taunted.

"I'm too tall for them to do that, even if I'm laying down."

"Oh don't you worry. They will find a way." She laughed.

"Fine, but I bet you they won't." I said as I stood up and walked to the closet so I could take my clothes off.

"Sure, but if they do you have to get up for the next month when they start to howl at night." She smirked.

"A month?!" I raised my voice and Kato growled.