Wolf Blood: How is Anything Worse?

POV: Luka

"What is worse than being attacked?" Kate furrowed her eyebrows together as she faced the pack member that charged into our bedroom.

The pack member scratched the back of his neck.

"Speak now!" Kate roared.

"M-may I speak to you in private Alpha?" The pack member bowed his head.

"Anything I hear, she can hear, now speak damnit!" Kate's alpha voice kicked in.

He gulped once before he spoke. "We have revived a... warning message that was delivered, and dropped off on the edge of our territory for our guards to pick up. The letter stated that the rouges were being paid to sieze... our Luna..."

I froze at his words.

"I want our hunters tracking the scent of the message, I want guards on the edge of our territory and surrounding the pack house, and I want either my sister, beta, or delta inside this room if I am not in it. Start on it now." Kate said her orders with ease due to her years as an alpha.

"Yes Alpha, anything else?" He stood up straight.

"Yeah, have our warriors on standby, ready to fight to kill whenever there is a rouge in our territory. If there is a rouge in our territory, I want a few warriors to help take care of the one we see, and the rest on standby due to them probably going to attack a boarder on the other side. Thank you for the information, now I want this to start right now." Kate's jaw was clearly clenched, but hid her anger with respect.

The pack member the left room, locking it on the way out, and immediately started on his orders.

"What's going to happen to me?" My voice cracked as I looked at Kate's back, due to her still watching the door. She got in the bed beside me without a word and pulled me to her. I instantly buried my face in her neck.

"Nothing is, because they will never touch what's mine. You're safe with me, and I will protect you till the day I die. I promise." She kissed my forehead after speaking in a soft and low tone.

"I'm scared Kate." I cried into my mate's shoulder.

"I am too baby, but they won't even get a glimpse of you." She said in a hushed tone.

Mate gots us. We no need to worry. Mate keep us safes.

'I know, but what if something goes wrong?'

Mate will protect us. I scareds too, but mate gots us.

'I know'

"No one is going to get you. No one." She whispered to me as she leaned back, away from me, so she could look me in the eyes. "I've got you, and no one else gets to have you. You're mine, and they know it." Her eyes were full of worry, a glossed layer on them from her holding in her tears.

I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. She immediately kissed back, but softly and passionately.

-------------------------------------------------------------
*One week later*

"Do I have to stay in this room for the rest of my life?" I asked Alex as I plopped on the bed.

"No, just till we catch whoever wants you. Kate is very protective and does not take chances when it comes to this stuff. If you talk to her about it, she might give you a little more freedom." Alex shrugged.

"She's not gonna let me do anything other than stay in here." I rolled my eyes.

Alex shrugged. "You never know with her, she's inconsistent at times."