Wolf Blood: They're Back

POV: Kate

'Alpha, the orb is glowing so bright that I can see the light shining through the crevices in the safe door.' Thomas, on of our weapons room guards said in a slightly scared tone.

'Do you need me to come look?' I sighed into the link. I've been holding Luka all night in wolf form, and now he wants to wake me up.

'You are the Alpha, so it is you decision t-' He started a submissive rant, so I cut him off.

"Do you want me to come and investigate Thomas.' I growled so he got the point.

'It would be greatly appreciated Alpha.' He responded quickly, yet submissively.

I looked down at my mate who was curled up in my side.

'We gotta get up.' I said in a tired tone to my wolf.

Don't wanna

'We have to.' I said in a yawn.

No

'If the orb is acting up it is putting our mate in danger, so get up.'

Fine

My wolf responded in a low growl which woke Luka up since it slipped out verbally.

"What's wrong?" Luka asked in a worried tone.

'I have to go see what is going on with the orb since it is acting up, but my wolf doesn't want to so he is throwing a bitch fit.'

I am not

I rolled my eyes.

"Okay, it's time for me to get up and check on the pups anyways." I watched as she got up out of bed and stretched.

I soon hopped out of bed as well and my wolf licked her arm before going to go shift and get clothed.

"So what is going on?" I asked in a yawn as I approached the safe.

"It's glowing." Thomas pointed and I had to hold in my chuckle. He looked like a scared three year old.

"Gotcha." I chuckled.

Thomas turned around so I could type the code in.

As soon as I opened the safe door a high pitch screech fill my ears. The pain was unbearable.

Close the safe. Hurts too much.

'Not yet'

I hesitantly reached for the orb before wrapping my fingers securely around it. As soon as it was in my hand the screeching stopped, but the pain began.

"FUCK!" My wolf and I roared at the same time.

Holster like last time. Need to focus.

I internally nodded before taking the deepest breath I could since the pain is shooting throughout my entire figure.

The orb soon began to calm down and the pain simmered down into a slight pinch in my heart. I'm not in danger, but it still hurts like a bitch. Imagine really bad indigestion. That is what it has simmered down to.

"Wow," Thomas said from behind me and I turned around. "Alpha... your eyes." He stuttered.

I walked over to the armor area and looked into the mirror.

My eyes were glowing neon blue, but it looked like ocean water was flowing through them. The pattern and colors were incredible. I could almost get lost in my own eyes.

"I think the orb just needed some attention." I looked at Thomas through the mirror.

His fear was still evident, so his response was just a single quick nod.