Wolf Blood: Training

POV: Luka

I watched Kate as she did little one on one matches with whoever challenged her. She is really is an amazing fighter. She hasn't taken a hit once. I'll give her that, but the twinkle in her eye is missing. I know it's not something I did, and I'm pretty sure I know what it is, but I don't want to question it.

She shifted into her wolf and her wolf took over just a bit, looked at me, and then winked before focusing on his opponent. I swear he and Kate have the same mind.

He didn't use his flames because they didn't want to hurt anyone, but they still won without them. She and her wolf are unstoppable.

It's been a few hours of all of the pack warriors and guards training, learning new moves and such. I could see most them getting tired.

"That is all for today. You all can leave." Kate said through the pack link and it then filled with relieved sighs.

Her wolf approached me and sat beside me. I could tell Kate was in control because her eyes.

When she isn't, her wolf's eyes show, and when she is, her eyes show.

"Do you wanna head back to the pack house or do something else?" I asked her before she responded through our link.

'Let's go back to the pack house.' Her wolf agreed with her as he nodded slightly. 'Get on my back.' Kate said in a soft tone through the link.

I stood up and got on her wolf's back and played with the pure white coat as he walked to the pack house.

'Don't leave my side till further notice. Understand?' Kate ordered.

"I promise I won't, but what in the hell is going on?" I muttered back.

'The Rouges are close. They've been on the edge of our territory for the past week.' Kate said and her wolf growled out of it's over protectiveness.

'Why can't we just kill them?' I said through the link in an annoyed tone and her wolf let out a cackle.

'Even though my wolf agrees with you very much, we do not know how many rouges are in the pack and nor do we know where all of them are.' Kate sighed. Her wolf's walk turned into a trot as we got closer to the pack house.

"What is going on?" I asked out loud in a worried tone.

'He says... something isn't right... so he wants to get you to cover.' She answered hesitantly through the link, not wanting to scare me.

What is scaring me is all of the shit she is keeping from me. One second all is well, the next second shit is about to go down.

'Please stop worrying.' Kate sighed as her wolf pawed at the door so someone would open it.

One of the guards came quickly and opened the door.

They smiled at me and Kate's wolf. I hopped off his back (Kate's wolf) and he immediately snapped at me, so I hesitantly got back on and he bolted up the stairs.

'He isn't going to let you be any more than two feet from him, and neither am I.' I could hear the protectiveness through her voice.

'What else... are... are you keeping from me?' I hesitantly asked through the link as I felt the pups kick Kate's wolf which made me smile. They've got my back.

'That was all honesty. I just didn't want you to worry too much, but after thinking about it I thought it would be best for you to know and be aware than not know and not be on your toes which could lead to something happening.' Kate once again sighed.