Wolf Blood: Alex

POV: Luka

"What did you do?" I asked Kate with a warning tone as she held the guilty look on her face like a dog does when they tear the couch up.

"Nothing..." She scratched behind her neck and avoided eye contact with me as she nervously laughed.

"Kate, now." A more demanding tone came out as I began to tap my feet.

"I forgot the mac and cheese..." Kate quietly mumbled as she looked at her feet.

"So you're gonna go back and get it now. Aren't you?" I raised my eyebrows as I crossed my arms across my chest.

"Yes," she mumbled.

"And why?" I took a couple steps closer to her and I could see the fear in her eyes. The fear of a pregnant woman who is hungry getting ready to snap.

"Because my wolf and I got you pregnant, so it is my duty to get you whatever you need to make up for the pain you have to go through during your pregnancy. Also, happy Luna, happy night, because if you're mad at me I'll be sleeping on the floor for awhile." She stuttered out as she tried to remember the whole thing.

"I love you." I looked up at her as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I love you more." She kissed my forehead.

"So can you go get my mac and cheese now please?" I looked up at her with a convincing smile before she smiled back and placed a quick kiss on my lips before running out the room to go get my food.

"You've got her whipped." Alex spoke from the doorframe.

"What do you mean?" I questioned with furrowed eyebrows.

"She'd drop everything for you. Like if she was protecting the pack and you needed her for something, it could literally be you need help putting your shoes on, she'd be there in a hot second. Like really, it's fucking ridiculous." Alex rolled her eyes out of annoyance.

"Why do you hate me all of a sudden?"

"Because she leaves me to fight everything else when you need her. Yeah you were literally being killed that one time, but still. You could've waited another damn minute. I could've died out there. I don't give a damn about you. What's even worse is that she brought you back here and fucked you instead of helping me kill them." Alex scoffed.

"A bit jealous are we, or is it selfishness? I can't tell with you." I smirked since I was getting to her.

"I'm not jealous, just realistic. She should've been born second." She snapped at me.

"Alex, if you don't get out of my sight in the next two seconds I will make you sleep outside for two weeks. She is your damn Luna and you're treating her like that? Who the fuck do you think you are?" Kate roared as she walked in the room and put my mac and cheese on the dresser beside the door.

"I'm just saying." Alex smirked.

"If you come down this hallway again, there will be consequences. Get out of my sight." Kate snapped as she looked down at Alex who instinctively cowered a bit.

Alex then tried to hide her fear with a shrug before quickly retreating back to her room.

"Did she hurt you?" Kate asked me with furrowed eyebrows as she pulled me into a tight hug.

"No, I'm okay. I promise." I gave her a smile before pecking her lips and going to the bed.

Kate went back and picked up the mac and cheese before getting into bed beside me.

"I love you." I smiled as I curled into her side and ate my mac and cheese.

"I love you more." She smiled down at me before kissing my forehead once before returning her attention to the tv.

—————————————————————

"I've got training today." Kate spoke softly as we watched a movie.

"When?"

"Two o' clock."

"You are aware that that is in ten minutes right?" I sat up and looked at her.

"What? It's still one." She looked at me with a confused face.

"It's ten till. Get up." I laughed a little as she shot up and started to get ready. Mainly just changing and all of that stuff.

"You're coming with me." She told me in a stern tone.

"Why? I'm not opposing, just curious." I asked with a raised brow.

"Because Alex.... is not stable.... right now." Kate answered me hesitantly.

"What do you mean?"

"Her mate died this time last year. They were like us, inseparable, but he got killed by a rouge when he was protecting her. He tackled the wolf that was about to hurt Alex, but the rouge had a friend with him... who shot and killed him while he was in wolf form." Kate answered me with a saddened tone.

"I told you, he didn't die, he ran off with them. He left me because if he didn't they would've killed me. He ran in the woods so he could lead them away from me to protect me." Alex said from the doorway.

"No, Bri told me what happened. You're still living the fantasy that he is somehow still alive." Kate said bluntly.

"You don't know what it's like to have your mate be gone because of you. You don't. He was protecting me, and now he's gone. He is gone because of me. Now, if you could put your cold heart to the side for a second and listen to me, I would have told you by now that training is moved to the gym today for security reasons." Alex snapped at Kate before stomping out of the doorway.

"I didn't know she went through that..." My tone quickly turned into a saddened one as it followed my mood. I can't even imagine my life without Kate. I would be dead, because the rouges would've killed me by then. I ran away for the last time, and they planned on killing me. I don't know what I'd do without her.

"No one really does, most have heard rumors, but not many know. Some days I wish she is right, but on others I just wish she could accept that he isn't coming back so she can heal. She hasn't been the same since he died." Kate mumbled as she suppressed her emotions.

"I don't know what I'd do if that were me..." I nearly cried just at the thought.

"I'm not going anywhere." She gave me a sad smile before putting her shoes and socks on. "You ready?" Kate tried to change the subject.

"Yeah, I'm still dressed from breakfast." I shrugged before getting out of bed and putting on my shoes.

She held my hand tightly as we walked to where training was going to be held today.

"What's going on in that mind of yours?" I asked her in a whisper as I looked up at her.

"I honestly don't know what I'd do without you." She answered honestly, giving me a sad smile. "But I can't show emotions in there, because as an alpha, one of us has to have our shit together." She tried to laugh away her emotions, but I knew good and well that something was bothering her, and it wasn't just that.

And I've gotta find it out.