Chapter 1

Naruto's POV

During the battle with the nine-tails, I was almost fully consumed by the fox instantly planting his own hatred inside the absorbed chakra. Before I was, I met someone who I really wanted to meet for a while now. Long crimson red hair and the same blue eyes as the Fourth Hokage, I mean father and I possess.

Instantly wrapping my arms around her, I came back to my senses, embracing her. My head was on her shoulder, tears filling my eyes that were red for a second because I was consumed by darkness. "I wanted...to meet you for so long now mom.." I whispered as my eyes turned back into the ocean blue color they were originally.

"Naruto, you're all grown up. I'm glad we can finally meet..." She said with a smile, placing her hand onto my back and rubbing it comfortably.

"You...aren't the Nine-Tails in disguise...right?" I asked in a gentle tone, and instantly regretted asking afterwards.

Punching me in the head, she glared at me with an evil look and her hand still clenched within a fist. "Of course I'm not him!" She shouted out at me.

"O-ouch! S-sorry!" I said, rubbing the bump on my head. Mom...I want to know everything, how you met Dad and all!" I said, using the sleeve of my jacket to wipe my tears. I sat on the ground, patting the spot next to me and smiling widely.

"To start off...I was the Jinchuuriki. Kurama was sealed away inside of me." She started off before sitting down next to me.

My eyes widened in shock, not wanting to believe she was saying. If she was, then that means she was treated the same way I was when I was younger, right? "R-Really?! Tell me more!"

And she did. She told me the entire story of Nine-Tails sealed away inside of her, how she met dad and their love story, and how they died the day I was born. She even mentioned Jiraiya and how he was involved with the both of them when she was pregnant with me.

Looking at her red hair, I decided to say something random. "I get all of my good looks from you! I wonder what I would've looked like with red hair! Probably fabulous!"

That caused mom to laugh, moving a bit closer to me and patting my shoulder. "You're perfect the way you are, but I appreciate you saying your good looks come from me!" She smiled. "Naruto, make sure you marry a woman just like me, alright?!"

I rubbed the side of my cheek, remembering how hot headed she got not too long ago. It reminded me of Sakura, they would both have the same angry face before they'd punch me hard in the head or face. They also seemed to share the same personality too, they can be warm hearted and caring for a minute but complete bad ass when you say something insulting.

But what if....
I didn't want to marry a girl in general?
Like....
This is very embarassing but...

That day when Sasuke and I clashed...
I really thought I would bring him home to the Leaf. Was it wrong that I missed him? That I cared deeply for him and I didn't want to see him hurt? Well, I would definitely hurt him, but just for punishment for leaving home to begin with and that fight I would win, and I'll bring him back to the Leaf so we can be together again.

I did hyperventilate after all for him...
Once they told me they would kill Sasuke...
I just couldn't accept
nor allow it

Because you are my friend...I remember telling him with the smile on my face some claims to be idiotic. His face of shock made me wonder...and I remember saying that a few years ago when we had our fight as 12 year olds;

"Just what the hell are you?!" Sasuke shouted out at me when the red Nine-Tails chakra surrounded my body. I was a total monster to him and he didn't know of my 'Nine-Tails cloak'.

"Your friend!" I yelled at him before the fight continued, and I was the only one doing the attacking for some time after that.

"Naruto?" Mom said my name, cupping my face with her hands. "Is something wrong? You seem to be dowsing off." She whispered, looking into my eyes.

"Mom...I..." I started, turning my head to the side. What was I feeling? Did I...find more too Sasuke? Was he more than my friend? I would always tell him 'Because you're my friend or 'Because we're friends', but did I mean it that way? Was Sasuke...that important to me, that I thought of him as more? "What if...I don't want to marry a girl?"

"A hokage always needs a lover to support him or her! What are you trying to say, Naruto?! Or are you saying you don't want to marry a girl like me? Before I yell some more, I'll let you explain."

"Mom...I have this friend named Sasuke...and I want to bring him back to the Leaf. I cannot become hokage if I fail to bring one friend back home. I really care for Sasuke...I would do anything to have some time with him that didn't involve us yelling at each other or fighting. I think...I-"

"Right, Sasuke! I met him before you were born, he was such a cute baby!" She shouted out with a laugh. "Are you trying to say you love him, Naruto?"

"I-If that's the right word you would use...then yes! I don't know...I just wish it was like the old days. Even though he was always calling me a dobe when we were younger and we would always get in arguments, the good thing about it was he was by my side. I can see his face and hear him talk. We were together...we were friends. He's all I want to see right now..." I said, hugging my knees. This was now an uncomfortable situation, talking to my mom about my best friend who I think I wanted to be my lover.

"Naruto, if that is how you feel, I'm not going to tell you what you can and can't do. I'm not going to bring you down. I'm your mother, I'm here to support you." She pulled me up and into a tight hug. "If that's how you feel, don't let your dream be a dream. Saving Sasuke comes first on your list before becoming Hokage. So bring him back and tell him how you feel." She whispered to me. Putting her hand through my blonde hair and beginning to play with, she then used two fingers from her other hand to caress my cheek. "I have to go...Naruto..."

Mom began to fade, which caused my eyes to widen. It's been a little while since we talked but I wanted to talk even more with her. I hugged her tightly once more before she disappeared completely.

Earlier in the talk before I ranted on about Sasuke and how I 'had affection for him', Mom and I weakened the fox enough to separate him from his chakra, and I now attained the Nine-Tails Chakra Mode.

In the real world, I demonstrated my new ability to Yamato and Killer B, and that's when Kisame showed up. He ended up committing suicide which was very shocking, and there was another shark I had to go after on my first official S-Rank mission.

Training and missions became suddenly harder than usual though. That was because the only thing, no, the only person on my mind currently right now was Sasuke...I wanted to see him again...even if it would lead in arguments and a battle I don't think I care, I just wanted to see his face once more...but it was obvious if I were to tell my feelings he wouldn't feel the same.

Sasuke never listens to me...so telling him is probably pointless...