Chapter 2

Naruto's POV

After the S-Rank mission that kept me rather busy, Killer Bee and I returned to the Falls of Truth and we were both training together. We were training mostly with the new Nine-Tails Chakra Mode I've acquired, and he was trying to teach me how to use these things called Tailed Beast Bombs. I needed the fox's cooperation, but all I got from him was the complete opposite, nothing but rudeness and disrespect. For a warm up, I tried to create a new jutsu which was an awfully complicated process: The Tailed Beast Rasengan. I struggled with balancing the composition though, and I was beginning to suddenly sense a distant source of Nine-Tails Chakra that kept me rather paranoid and unfocused on my training.

Then that one word repeated in my head.

Distant....

Followed by another word that was quite similar;

Distance...

And now putting that one word into a specific thought;

I'll go the distance for you....
Sasuke....

Damn it. When I finally had the moment for myself and training and nothing to worry about, thoughts of my closest friend instantly surged back into my head.

"Yo, Yo, Naruto, is there something on your mind? Well, we ain't got the time! Only for training and my killer rhymes!" Killer Bee chanted, doing the usual rapping with everything he spoke which could get rather annoying at times.

"It's nothing..." I responded with a cheeky smile, scratching the back of my head and chuckling quietly. "Hey Bee, I'm leaving this place. I want to find the distant source of the Nine-Tails Chakra." I informed, not saying anything about Sasuke.

Nodding in agreement, our training session came to an end and I was trying to escape the Falls of Truth. I transformed into Sage Mode, punching the two shinobi in my way that didn't allow me to pass for some reason and then my feet touching the ground. My headband became loose, falling off from around my forehead and now into my hand. Remaining in Sage Mode form, my eyes widened from what I was able to see, I wasn't in front of the scenes but it was like a viewable illusion. Everybody fighting and battling, some lives even lost. "What...is this?.. What's going on?"

Reaching a certain point, I ran into Iruka-Sensei. Everybody was in war, and they didn't want me to be there?! I have to be there! "Naruto, you must remain here and train some more. I'm sure you didn't achieve your goal just yet, so go back and continue training with Bee!" Iruka-Sensei ordered.

I tried to escape, but a barrier was just placed on me, and they tried to keep me from leaving this place for some apparent reason. Wait...they all planned this maybe? So I wouldn't get involved with this war? Was that the case here? "Iruka-Sensei." I started, staring at him. He always had concern for me as if he was my parent, no, he was more fit for an older brother. "There is a distant Nine-Tails chakra, I have to-"

"I still can't allow you to go!" Iruka yelled out.

"Sensei, didn't I tell you that I was stronger now?" I stopped for a moment. "A silly barrier like this won't keep me from moving..." I said, transforming back into my Nine-Tails Chakra Mode and instantly breaking free from the barrier set on me.

Shino's father used his hands to send Paralytic Insects flying at me, therefore I was almost buried with all of the bugs. Yet, the Nine-Tails Chakra was much too powerful for them, so I was able to break out of it freely and easily and jumping up and taking my escape.

I took my leave, jumping from tree from tree to advance; it seemed much quicker than running, it was almost like I was flying and my foot would touch a branch every now and then just to hold me up. Carrying my headband in my hand, I then happened to notice a small piece of paper behind the silver part with the leaf symbol, taking it out and reading it as I advanced. It was from Iruka, and he somehow put it inside my headband when I wasn't watching. After reading it, I put the piece of paper inside my mouth, tying my headband over my forehead and a smile forming across my face from the letter I just read.

Traveling quicker and quicker now, I came to a stop and that's when I noticed a large purple Tailed Beast Ball flying out of nowhere, hitting something coming from ahead. Turning my head that's when I noticed the Eight Tails and Octopops[Killer Bee].

"Octopops!" I shouted out. "What is that?!"

"There's a barrier beyond that and you and I are going to break it stat!" Octopops informed me.

"Alright! Sounds good!" I agreed confidently.

"I'll break the barrier, you fool. You punch the tailed beast bomb to get through the barrier and break it. You get it? You fool, you fool!" Said Octopops .

I nodded, transforming into my Nine-Tails Chakra Mode. As Octopops would shoot out purple Tailed Beast Bombs and send them off to each barrier, I would punch it to crack the glass-like material and breaking it in order to proceed to the next one.

It took some time to destroy every single barrier, but once we succeed I was pretty happy. Killer B and I could finally join the Fourth Shinobi World War, and I wanted to help the most I can.

Now since all of that was off my mind, as Killer Bee and I continued to travel, he was once again on my mind...Sasuke Uchiha. What could he be doing after our clash, and now since there is a World War? Was he going to stay out of it or get involved?

Lowering myself to the ground I decided to move on my feet, but it was more of taking a break. I wanted to arrive as soon as I can to help all around where different battles were occurring, but with Sasuke once again on my mind, I couldn't move forward. Leaning against a tree, I closed my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

Sasuke...
Stop haunting me...

"Yo, Yo, Naruto?! We gotta move fast, or this would be everybody's last! You fool, you fool! Snap out of it!" Killer Bee shouted out, trying to get inside my head.

"H-huh?..." I said, rubbing the side of my head. My little daze was not as bad, but Sasuke's face was still on my mind. "Thanks...I almost lost it. Yeah...we gotta find the others.."

"Naruto, you were dowsing off earlier as well. Why don't you just tell, you fool!?" Killer Bee said as a rap.

"Because it's hard to explain..." I frowned and sighed loudly. "Let's just say it has to do with here..." I stopped, bumping my hand up against my chest. "And here..." I pointed to my head. "Although that doesn't matter right now, let's just focus on finding the others." I said with a reassuring smile.

"You just repeated what I said...you fool." Killer Bee muttered without a rap and with a long sigh but nodded in agreement.

We were on the move once again in search of the others and where we would first see a battle. I tried not to think of Sasuke, trying to put the lives of other's on my mind before myself and my friend, but that obviously didn't work and it wasn't that easy.

Now thinking wrongly, I remembered all the times I've seen Sasuke when we were this age. Let me just say...he's gotten awfully attractive, and I'm very embarassed to admit such a thing and such at a sudden time too. I slapped the sides of my head, trying to get those distracting thoughts out of my head.

Sasuke...when will we see each other again? Will it be soon? I hope it does...even though you probably don't feel the same way, I want to see you again and just...talk. I might even say the words you may find surprising after all of this time...the words 'I love you.' I'm not looking forward to having a final battle with you where what...one of us have to die? Why even do that...it will hurt me too much inside and I don't want that. Speaking of hurt, I don't want to hurt you...Sasuke...

Never will I ever kill you...
Because I love you way too much
And because we're friends...