Chapter 12

Naruto's POV

I hurried along home, not worrying about anyone or anything other than my family. All I could think of was that man, repetitively saying the words 'I will exterminate the Uchiha' over and over in my head. I practically talked to myself while running, saying 'No you won't' over and over to myself. I had a feeling I should've went to that dark chakra, if I defeated him then and there I wouldn't have to worry about his threat haunting me! Something was telling me to go to the Land of Lightning right now and defeat him, but I couldn't sense the darkness anymore so he must've disappeared! Besides, my family is my main and top priority, nothing comes before them even if it is fighting the guy who wants to kill us!

Sasuke was very strong, I never doubted his strength would fail. He could protect the children, but the fact he was a full blood Uchiha, his chances of being murdered were high. Or maybe he would kill Niko and Saru first just because they are children and he could easily get them out of the way, who knows what he was thinking. But what if he was in the bathroom or the kitchen making lunch and the kids were in the living or bed rooms playing alone?! That guy could secretly come in by the front door or the windows and kidnap our little boys!

All of my thoughts were pessimistic ones, just thinking of the bad things that may happen to my family such as stealing, kidnapping or capturing, torturing, and killing my family. I didn't know why, my mind was never consumed by such overwhelmingly gore and frightening thoughts. I slapped the sides of my head in attempt to get the negativity out of my mind, continuing to run my way home.

I stopped in place for a moment, bending my head down and placing my hand upon my knees. I know, I'm not pregnant but running the fastest I can really made me exhausted, causing me to pant heavily and sweat to rush down my peachy face. I have to force myself to keep moving forward, but when I tried I tripped and fell onto my knees. I guess I shouldn't go off running so quick to waste all my energy like that, I couldn't even catch my breath.

"Come on...get up Naruto..." I told myself, moving onto my hands along with my knees. I looked down at the ground, tears running down my face along with the salty sweat. "Or...all of them will be gone by...the time you get back!" I shouted, pushing myself with the bit of strength I had left. Once again I was standing on my feet, proceeding to the Leaf but not as fast as before.

It took about another hour to reach the Hidden Leaf with my running speed, arriving at the entrance and taking another breather. I finally made it, the village didn't seem to be falling apart without it's Hokage in place. Now the question was were they any invaders that came looking for my family to slaughter them one by one? There's only one way to find out, therefore I made my way to my house and grabbed onto the doorknob and forcefully opened the door.

"SASUKE!!" I screamed out his name while entering, noticing my husband was asleep on the couch. My two sons were on top of him, using crayons to draw all over his face as some sort of prank. I sighed in relief and couldn't help but giggle quietly, the boys had smiles on their faces and laughter emitting from their mouth which caused me to feel a bit warmer inside.

They were all alright, the negative thoughts must've really gotten into me for no reason. Even after that threat he didn't bother to show up, not now at least. Despite the multicolor stripes and different symbols drawn on Sasuke's face, he looked very peaceful as he slept with no worries whatsoever. He snored ever so softly, I even heard my name being spoken in such a delicate tone every now and then.

"Naruto..." The slumbering Uchiha whispered, wrapping his arm around both of our sons and preventing them from drawing on his face anymore. He's probably dreaming about me and thought I am on top of him currently.

"Daddy Naru back!" Niko proclaimed, finding his way out of Sasuke's arms and hugging my legs tight. "We missed you so much!!"

"I know, I'm sorry..." I whispered, kneeling down to his height and rubbing the side of his cheek gently.