Chapter 10

Sasuke's POV

That's when older brother began to speak; "I'll stop the reanimation jutsu now." Itachi took a few steps closer to him, taking off Kabuto's glasses. "All the reanimated dead will fade away..."

My eyes widened, looking off to the side. I know Itachi had to return to his death some time, but I didn't think it would be that soon. What was I saying? This battle with Kabuto took forever and honestly I am so glad it is over.

"That should end the war..." Itachi said.

"But...you will be gone too, brother..." I whispered.

"I'll have protected my village as Itachi Uchiha of the Leaf once again. I have no regrets."

"Why?! Why help the very village that put you where you are now?!" I asked brother loudly and fury. You may be able to forgive, but I cannot! You have no more regrets? What about what you made me become?!"

Itachi was silent for a moment, probably to take some time to think of a reasonable response. "I'm not the one who can change you, Sasuke, I can put a stop to this jutsu. That will fulfill my promise to Naruto, at least. And at least he fulfils mine too..." He said that last part lowly.

My eyes widened when my brother mentioned the name of my old comrade, memories of him running throughout my head. Itachi has seen Naruto before this? How long ago? What did they talk about? Did they have a battle?

Naruto...

Naruto...

Naruto Uzumaki...

Placing his hands over Kabuto's eyes, he then spoke again. "I will put an end to this jutsu!" Lifting up the lids of his eyes, he stared at him. "Tell me the signs..."

"Rat, Ox, Monkey, Tiger, Dragon, Boar." Kabuto said rather slowly.

Itachi repeated these one by one, not going onto the next one until Kabuto made the accurate hand signs for the previous one he said.

My face saddened, my eyes twitching for a moment before I closed them. "I guess...it won't matter what I will say, will it?" I said, opening my eyes and looking over at my older brother. "When I saw you, I followed you in order to confirm whether or not Tobi and Danzo spoke truth. But that wasn't all I confirmed. When I'm with, the past comes flooding back, the feelings I had as a child of adoration for my older brother. That's why the closer I get to you and how we used to be back then is the more I understand you, and the more I hate the Leaf Village for causing you so much pain! I hate it so much! I know what you want me to do, and because you are my older brother I know you will disapprove. It's because I am your brother that no matter what you say you're not going to stop me! Even if you protect the village now, I will destroy it one day."

"Tora." He spoke the other word for tiger. Was he even listening to what I was saying? "Tatsu..." Itachi whispered the word for dragon.

"Goodbye..." I muttered lowly.

"l" He replaced for boar. "Reanimation Jutsu...Release!"

Big Brother...

"There's still time..." Itachi started, turning around to face me and now slowly walking towards me. "I feel like my consciousness is slowly slipping away..." He whispered, struggling to move any further at the moment. "I need to tell you everything before we part...and there's something else that is totally irrelevant to what I must say to you first. Either way before I pass, I hope to tell you all the information I must say before I truly disappear...There is no need to lie anymore..."

I stared at him with concern and despair, knowing he was finally going to confirm whether or not what Tobi and Danzo said was accurate. "The night I left you, I did indeed do everything that Tobi and Danzo have told you. I'll show you the whole truth..." He responded. Staring into his sharingan, I was then somewhat 'taken into the past'.