Chapter 18

Naruto's POV

Sasuke and I battled with Madara determined and motivated, using the strength Great Grandpa bestowed us with. Using his Susano'o, Sasuke split the rocks in the sky in half and tried to break every one of them to get to Madara. While I was fightimg off the four shadows he had by using my senses since I couldn't see them, I noticed the Susano'o rush down from the sky prudently and hurriedly.

"Stay still!" Sasuke warned Sakura, Kakashi Sensei and I. Whatever he saw up there must've been bad, and it seemed there was some armor or cloak that wrapped around the four of us. It was dark, but I think it was some sort of protection.

With my Sage Art, I was able to finally realize what was going on. It was bright as day out even though was night, and all of the allied forces seemed to have the Rinnegan. They were possessed, trapped within the Infinite Tsukuyomi. There was some tree growing out of the ground, and with it hung each person fighting in this war and wrapped them up as if they were mummies. Wanting to run out and help I almost did, but that's when I felt the touch upon my shoulder preventing me from going any further.

"Not yet, Naruto!" Sasuke shouted out in a somewhat concerning tone, then removing his hand from my shoulder. "Don't go outside yet. Without this Susano'o my left eye made, you'd get bound in the genjutsu as well! I can't do anything without you here, you know!"

I smiled slightly, not knowing whether or not he meant he can't finish this war off without me or just in general. Either way it was considerate, I adored seeing Sasuke that way and it was very rare.

"Also, his shadows are outside!" Sasuke continued. "If you fall, we all fall! It will be all over! We need to bide our time." He said to me.

"Sasuke..." I whispered his name. After some time, Sasuke removed the Susano'o from around our team. He has the Rinnegan, therefore he is probably the most useful one here.

Madara was standing a few feet away from us, nothing but a devilish grin on his face. "I've turned hell into heaven, I just want to be the savior that ends the long history of shinobi fighting each other. Just know this, it's all over. "

"You are not the savior, Madara." Spoke Black Zetsu from behind him who surprisingly put his arm through our opponent's chest. After all of this time saying how Madara was god and he worships no one but him, he just stabbed him in the back. Literally. Well, he used his arm but you know what I mean. "My will is...Kaguya's!"

Watching as everything took a turn, Madara screamed out in agony and chakra burst out from under the ground beneath us. It was coming from all different areas and directions, all being absorbed into Madara's body.

"T-this is really bad, Sasuke! This chakra is much stronger than the Ten Tails!" I proclaimed.

"Stop them before they move!" Sasuke ordered.

We approached the fattening-with-chakra Madara, about to attack simultaneously with our techniques. Although, his white hair seemed to elongate, wrapping around the both of us and holding us tight as a restriction.

Madara was completely absorbed by darkness and chakra, and thus there was a person that was finally awakened. Sasuke and I were tied up by her hair still, we just happened to know who this woman was from the stories Great Grandpa informed us about.

"K-Kaguya Otsutsuki!" We both stuttered at the same time in somewhat fear. She seemed to notice something, her face growing angry and using her hair to throw us out. We were free, which was the good thing. On the other hand though, the fall was a bit hard, not much but a little.

"Sasuke! Naruto!" Sakura shouted out worriedly.

"These two..." Kaguya spoke, slowly floating over to us. Ninshu, no, you said shinobi. It is futile to speak to you about that when all you do is tamper with chakra without knowing it's true meaning. This place, this land, is my precious nursery. I cannot let it be damaged any further. I shall, erase you all here!"