||S h e i k h||

N i n e

Bad things happen to good people and good things happen to bad people, but never think that it's for no reason.

Mashal

Its been more than a week since I started teaching Marwa and more than a week since I saw Zeyara.

I thought he would come to drop or pick up Marwa from my house everyday but he only came the first day.
After that he disappeared.

Marwa came to my house either alone or with her father but Zeyara was always a no show.

Just after I had seen him with that Imam, he disappeared.
This was very disappointing.

Why would he suddenly stop showing up without any reason?

Marwa on the other hand, was just doing amazing. She had finished reading the 1st Juz and with each passing day she was getting better at her recitation.

I tried asking her about Zeyara but she would never give me the chance to do so.
All her conversations with me started with her sheikh and ended with her sheikh.
Quite honestly, I was getting fed up of her usual rants about her sheikh.

"He is amazing."
"He's the best."
"He loves me so much."
"He recites the Quran beautifully."
"He wakes up for qiyam ul layl every night."
"His salah is so beautiful."

I wanted to interrupt her but I felt that it was just rude and to be honest, Marwa looked so cute while chatting that I never wanted to stop her.

Yesterday, however, my curiosity got the best of me and I finally decided to interrupt her speech of how perfect her sheikh was.

"Yes okay fine. I get it. Your sheikh is amazing." I sighed with my hands up in surrender.

"No!" She laughed, shaking her head viciously. "He's not just amazing, he's remarkable, spectacular and marvellous."

Okay. So she can't speak Mashal or Zeyara properly but she can speak these huge words perfectly just for her sheikh.
Whoa.

"Okay your sheikh is remarkable, spectacular and marvellous. Now please can we talk about anything else?"

She thought for a while and then chuckled "Yep!" Moving her legs back and forth as they hung from the chair.

Phew. Finally.
Now get to the point Mashal before she starts blabbing about that sheikh again and continues speaking like the interminable tick tock of the clock.

"Why doesn't Zeyara come to pick you up anymore?" I asked.

Marwa stared at me with her eyes narrow and I immediately regretted my way too direct question.
It made me sound like a desperate ex girl friend trying to get back with him.
Wow what an amazing comparison Mashal.

"Uh- I mean" I quickly dejected "he came here the first day. Then why did he stop coming?"

Her eyes relaxed and she shrugged "He's always busy because of his job."