one

The glowing light had originally emitted in the corner of Hazel's room. Thinking it was merely a headlight passing by her cracked window, she sat unfazed.

She had tired eyes. That of course was to be expected, especially with the death of Cedie. Hazel saw the flash of green light every time her eyes closed, the image following her around, terrorizing her.

So, again, she was completely unfazed by the blinking lights she had seen in the corner of her eye. She was motionless. Cedie's brief scream rang in her ears as a single tear rolled down her cheek.

Her emerald green eyes were drained. But, the third abrupt flash captured their attention. Suddenly the light turned a bright green, the unsettling voice laughed in her ears, and she was outside.

***

When Hazel awoke, her two best friends, Henry Granger and Rosalie Weasley were beside her. She rubbed her eyes. Even though the tiredness was not taking a toll on her any longer, Hazel's somewhat amount of energy was dull.

She shook both awake. Henry opened his eyes quickly, but Rosalie simply grunted and rolled over. Hazel and Henry sent each other knowing looks, before shaking her even harder. With a small noise of protest, Rosie opened her eyes, jumping slightly at the familiar scenery.

Hazel herself was quite confused; yes, unfortunately, this is where she lived, but something was awfully strange–for example, there were poppies instead of daisies in the front garden. It was a small difference, but it seemed bug enough to unsettle Hazel.

The three teens headed for the door—strangely, the knob felt like it was burning Hazel's hand, and she let out a small string of curses. Henry sent her a look, as if to say, "mind your language!".

A slight hum of voices could be heard as the trio entered the home. The walls were lined with pictures of awfully familiar faces, yet different people.

   As they grew closer, the voices got louder. Silhouettes were in the darkness, but you wouldn't be able to tell who they were.

   "Why are we all standing in the dark?" a female voice. "Lumos."

   The trio covered their eyes at the bright gleam the spell. Immediately all of the adults were in guard, pointing wands to their throats. Hazel glared, her voice hard as she spoke. "Who are you all, and what are you doing in my house?"

   "They both look—"
    "—exactly...like James."
     "except the eyes—Lily's...eyes."

   Guarded silence followed the last words spoken–only to be broken by the growling of Rosalie's stomach. Henry tutted and gave her a look. "Don't look at me like that Henry."

   "Before we deal with these three; are you sure that's him, Lupin?" The man with the wooden leg asked, his eyes never leaving the strangers.

  "Harry, what form does your Patronus take?" The scarred man asked. "A stag," the boy, who Hazel assumed to be Harry, said nervously.

   "That's him Mad-Eye. I suggest we take these three with us—something is a little strange about them..."

The trio said nothing as they were lugged alongside. Seeing the brooms, Hazel was aching to ride. Her fingers twitches—"Up."

The broom flew into her hand. It feel like her entire body was tingling, every nerve set on fire with glowing happiness. She sighed and took off, without permission. She was gonna follow then anyway; Rosalie and Henry were riding with the strange people.

When they arrived, multiple smoke colored houses stood side by side. One eleven, one thirteen, but no twelve in sight. The man with the strange eye, who kind of reminded Hazel of Moody, gave the boy a piece of paper, and suddenly a blue house was in between eleven and thirteen; twelve.

Hazel, Rosalie, and Henry let out telos as they were pushed in the house, and immediately tied to chairs. A red haired woman and many more look awfully confused, but the strange group didn't seem fazed.

Hazel's eyes were still adjusting to the light. "Who are you all?"

"Why should we tell you? You binded us to chairs for Merlin's sake!" Rosalie said angrily, her ears (visible courtesy to her high ponytail) turning a bright red that rivaled her hair.

"Excuse her—we mean no harm," Henry said apologetically, before sending a dangerous look towards Rosalie. Rosalie huffed.

"My name's Henry Granger—and you are?"Henry said, a tiny hint of agitation in his voice. "Later. You two?"

"Rosalie Weasley," she blew hair out of her face, and rolled her eyes. Gasps coming from the corner made Rosalie turn her head slightly.

"And you?" The man said. Hazel stayed silent. This man irritated her. He said it again, more forcefully. Again, she didn't answer.

His face turned red, and it looked like he was about to implode. Rosalie snorted. Henry urged her.

She sighed, as the brown haired man placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It's Hazel."

"We need a surname," a man with long black hair chimed in from the back, before being silenced by the red haired woman.

Hazel bit her lip. "It's okay, Hazel."

"Yeah, don't worry." Rosalie and Henry sent her reassuring smiles.

"Potter." All heads snapped to her. The boy from before stared at her in slight anger. "What?"

"It's Potter. My name is Hazel Jane Potter. Happy?"

a/n

welcome! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I thought that would be an okay place to stop. I apologize for the shortness.

much love,
ava